New Counterweights from Duncan!

RAPID BALL:

The new Duncan Rapid Ball is a fun new counterweight design from Duncan. It is a textured round plastic ball with a string groove around the outside and a hole through the middle. Attach the string by securing it around the string groove or looping it through the hole like a traditional counterweight.

DOUBLE DICE:

The new Duncan Double Dice is an innovative take on 5A play. It is a two piece counterweight with one smaller cube fitting inside the larger dice shell. The smaller piece is free moving and can slide along the string independently to add a creative new element to your 5A tricks.

1 Like

I’m curious what you can do in 5A with the double dice that isn’t possible with a typical counterweight?

2 Likes

I believe there was a skilled double dice player that got a signature yoyo and he had a promo video. I can’t remember the player or company though, but the yoyo was sold on YYE

1 Like

That was Diamont Nior. Forget the name of the player though. Was someone from Indonesia I think

5 Likes

Wow Diamont Noir is a seriously deep cut. Almost no references to it here, though it has a store listing in YYE (with no entries).

Looks like Celestial, Deuxieme, Clarity:

I also found this, a Diamont Noir Mandala:

2 Likes

I believe this is the yoyo and video I was thinking of. It was not Diamont Noir, but that company was run by the same player

I remember the YYE description mentioned it was designed with 5a and double dice play(or it at least mentioned double dice) in mind but I don’t think that page exists anymore

1 Like

There’s a brief description of each diamont noir model we carried in the old blog post here:
https://yoyoexpert.com/blog/all-new-diamont-noir-yo-yos-just-in/

They were really nice yo-yos designed primarily for 5A. The one that sticks out in my mind the most was the Celestial 2.0 - That thing was soooo heavy (76g), but it really didn’t have that overly heavy feel in play.

2 Likes