New BI-ATLAS Yoyo want feedback

you got it. that’ll be my next one.

1 Like

I’m one part terrified and the other part excited!

1 Like

Are you a fan of the atlas or something?

It is a wide yoyo and plays well for my 5a style, therefore I like it, but that’s not all. I love a yoyo with a story, something where the underdog triumphs or the weird prototype is the champion. Something I can tell my friends about and something I can relate. So yes, I am a fan of the atlas. I also enjoy Bi-metals for their spin time and personalities, that’s why I think a bi-metal atlas would be one of the best competition 5a yoyos.

a 5a player… that makes sense

1 Like

Yeah, I know. It’s a semi recent conversion, but I never look back. My bloody knuckles can speak for that.

1 Like

On the red one I think you might have too much weight near the center.

1 Like

I like the look of the design. But as others have said, I don’t understand how the width x diameter specs aren’t switched around. I compared the diameter to the width with a pair of equally sized black bars (below), and the width is definitely much less than the diameter.

3 Likes

Looks like around 46.5 wide and 55mm diameter based on this sketch.

The inner foil looks super sharp. You’re going to want to round that off.

The thickness on the cup looks kinda high, too. Not sure how much wiggle room depending on your axle length, though. Maybe take .2-.4mm off the thickness there, that mass belongs nearer the rims.

Keep on designing though, I can see where it’s headed!

3 Likes

thats what i was going for

thanks! i would really like to start a company later in life if the opportunity presents itself.

Then the specs should be listed like this:

“gap: 4.45 mm / 0.17 inches
diameter: 55.98 mm / 2.2 inches
width: 47.00 mm / 1.85 inches
response: CBC “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD
bearing: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Center Trac
designed in: USA
manufactured in: ???
weight: 64.4g”

3 Likes

oh, sorry. I wasn’t aware that there was a format for specs. thank you for clarifying.

that atlas design is proving harder then originally anticipated…

1 Like

Well, it’s not that the formatting has to be a certain way. But in the original specs you posted, it lists “47mm” as the diameter, when that is actually the width. Subsequently, it lists 55.98mm as the width, when that is actually the diameter. That is what other forum users were trying to tell you.

1 Like

ohhhhhhh…
that’s literally hysterical that I got the specs wrong for a yoyo that i designed. i just double checked it, and your right.

1 Like

Ha, well it is just a typing error. I’m just hoping to help! I hope you actually get to make some of these some day.

2 Likes

it doesnt show it in the picture for some reason, but that corner is actually really rounded.

that would be sick! i hope you guys would try them if i did.

This part. It’s a real slicer!

4 Likes