NER 2009 Video

Emil Lamprecht graduated from Emerson College in Boston this fall as a marketing major with minors in photography and entrepreneurship. He is currently an employee at Duncan and has previous experience working in the toy industry; something which he has done for over 5 years. In addition, he has been juggling for over 10 years and is one of the most well rounded in the area.  Film/video producing is one of his many hobbies and has landed him several nominations and wins for Evvy Awards, Emerson’s top awards that honor the best in the field.

Jeff Coons is a rising sophomore at Emerson College and majors in video post production. He has been a member of Duncan Crew USA for over 2 years and is known for his mastery of multiple styles of yo-yo play. He is a 4 time North East Regional champion and has placed in various contests in all of the major styles with the exception of 2A.

Emil and Jeff are teaming up to bring you the first in a series of videos that are produced and directed by Emil and edited by Jeff. This video, of the 2009 North East Regional Yo-Yo Contest, is made up of contest freestyles and of individuals showing off their fluency with yo-yos and other skill toys.

This video was shot in 1080p HD on a Canon 5D Mk II, edited/color corrected using Final Cut Pro, and compressed with H.264 compression. The music is “Banal Reality” by Organic Grooves.

Stream or download (recommended):

Please feel free to repost this on Facebook, Twitter, other forums, etc. We appreciate your comments and support. Thank you!

Emil & Jeff

very nice was the redrock adapter used on the camera i only assume this because of the awesome effect of the background being out of focus but the subject being in focus or its some snappy adobe after effects work

Neither actually. We were just using different lenses, some of which had a really shallow depth of field.

Nice video and autobiography. I know where you were in the first clip. You’re in that shoe store…I forgot the name, but its in the city somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats on the win for the blindfolded competition in MA States. You ruined Eric’s streak! :wink:

oh thats awesome i’m really jealous of your camera its soo good the low light resolution on my camera is really grainy but yours looked great

This. Is. Great. Some of the best stuff I have ever seen. The shooting was brilliant, all the colors were vivid and bright and the quality made the video a real pleasure to watch. Those cool effects done by lenses also added some flare and professional touch to it. :wink:
I can’t wait to see more stuff from you if it all’s that great.

You’re totally right on that. Don’t bring dead posts back to life. The last post was on May 31. Now, its June 13. Please, don’t post in old topics.

I don’t think we should call 2 weeks a necro… that’s a little over the top IMO.

If the thread is on the first page, it’s not a necro. This one was, and like Pheenix said, two weeks old post shouldn’t be called a necro.