Need moar Dragon String... @_@

My hypothesis is that is because the dragons are wound tighter to start with so they react more noticeably to changes in tension, but I could be wrong. I used to like ammo a lot, but I think venom has dethroned it for me.

Yes your right, a tightly wound string is bad for holding tension.

The type of polyester that dragons use is also not good for tension as well, so that makes it even worse :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to give that a try if I ever stockpile a few that needs cleaning at once ;D

So what type of string are you digging atm, Andy? As for it being tightly wounded it really breaks in nice IMO. I use it with some of my (what I’d call heavier) throws like my Genesis or Dark Magic with Shinwoo lights and I can bust out some combos before I have to straighten out my tension. G-strings and Kittys are both really excellent at first (with better initial tension) but they don’t keep that tension or softness very long but this is just my opinion.

Kitties don’t last long, period. Dragon strings aren’t so great with tension compared to many strings, but they sure last far longer.

I wasn’t saying tightly wound strings are bad, it’s just they aren’t good for tension. Loosely wound string holds tension better, I’m not sure why but that’s what I’ve noticed and it’s what string manufacturers have told me so I’m pretty sure that statement is valid. The slick thread that dragons and some other toxic strings use use a slick thread that doesn’t hold tension well in general as well. Toxic strings aren’t known for holding tension well, its known for its superb ability to do whips and slacks.

Your saying other strings don’t hold tension well after some use. If you use any string to the point where it’s completely worn out the tension will fail and get a lot worse, this happens with kitty in, probably a day or two of heavy use. For dragons, it’s more like a week or two of heavy use(let’s say 3-5 hours a day. I’m guessing that’s why you feel dragons hold tension well, because they don’t wear out as quickly.

My string of choice is YYSL Ammo, I feel it’s the best non-gimmicky string on the market. Great for slacks and decent for whips but not out of control, last a good amount of time, and holds tension very well. I also like the feel of the string better then stuff like Dragons with that slick feel. I also enjoy the extra thickness of Ammo.

I love YYSL Venom string, I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It is just the right thickness for me, holds tension really well, and lasts a while. It’s great for whips and slacks, and anything you can throw at it.

Kitty string is amazing the first day or so. It’s soft, great for whips and slacks and everything, but doesn’t last long, I loved it, but it got darker and stopped being awesome.

If you want amazing string that holds tention, lasts a while, and gives you good binds, go for the Yysl Venom, but if you like all that, but thicker string, go for the Ammo