Need help, yo-yo stuck at bottom.

Just picked up a new yo-yo, a Kaleb USA Sidekick Pro. It seems really nice. I used to be OK back in the day, about 20 years ago. This is the first time I have used a bearing type unit. I got the string on, but when I throw it I cannot get it to return no matter what I try. I have spun it to tighten it, but it still just wants to spin at the bottom. When I look at the look around the axle there is about a 1/4 inch that is open.

What is the best way to get rolling with this new yo-yo. I need to beat my brother-in-law soon as he just got one similar as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

you need to learn how to bind… look at the tuts on this site for help…

1 Like

You have a unresponsive yoyo. Watch the video at the following link on how to bind.

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/029-intermediate-unresponsive.html

1 Like

Thanks guys. Will check it out and work on my binding. :slight_smile:

Wow this is a new world of yo-yoing. Going to take some practice to get good at some of these. But I think it will be very cool once I get the hang of it.

I didn’t know about unresponsive yoyoing either. But once you get going, it is SUPER fun. Got way more addicted to it now than when I used to do it a bit 20 years ago. :wink:

I am looking forward to trying it out. Bit of a challenge as a lefty, but that is usually the case.

You can use 3rd party tools to download videos from the internet and flip them in a video editor if that will help. Alexis JV offers his tutorials in left-handed (exclusively in the early days) and right-handed (for his newer YYJ-sponsored videos) versions.

1 Like

Check out the stuff from mike montgomery

He’s also a left

Will check the stuff out to start learning. Can anyone recommend a good more traditional type yo-yo? I used to love doing inside loops to see how many I could do in a row. I am sure there is some name for that move, but not sure. Preferably something I can buy on Amazon.

Yoyojam Classic is cheap and responsive out of the box. Pick one up :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to check out the Yoyo Factory Loop series yoyos. There are a few models ranging from inexpensive to moderately priced. I believe all are responsive (my son has a loop 900 it is responsive - returns to your hand with a tug) and is great fun when he lets me throw it

Will check that out. Thanks all.

Classic is NOT the yoyo for hucking some inside loops. :wink:

For really “classic” tricks, you could go all the way and go for a fixed axle. There’s a pretty healthy fixed axle crew that has built up over the last while, doing both classic tricks and modern “bangers” (flashy impressive tricks). Hard to beat a No-Jive.

If you’re not doing straight “looping” and don’t need a full-on looping yoyo (but just want to throw a few inside loops, rock the baby, etc) I really like the Duncan Mosquito for the job. :smiley: Small, cheap, and fun.

hey man, just saying yoyoing is a great hobby! but www.yoyoexpert.com is an awesome crew with tallented people… would you rather support some commercial giant like amazon or walmart? you could support the Mom and pop shop that runs this forum your asking these questions on… they do alot for the community, so ill point anyone in this sites direction… besides… amazon dosent sell yoyo’s that are anywhere near the same calibur as the throws here

I have been a Amazon prime member for many years and it is where I look first. If there is a better elsewhere, I will look at that also, but I am a fan of Amazon.