Need help with yoyofactory velocity - beginner

I just signed up in this forum, so I don’t know how everything works, so if there’s already a help page, sorry. Anyways, I just got my first yoyo, the yoyofactory velocity. I don’t have any experience with yoyos at all. This is my first yoyo. Following the videos on this site, I put the string onto my yoyo correctly. I got to the gravity pull video. Whenever I throw down my yoyo and try to bring it back up, it doesn’t work. My yoyo just stays in sleeper mode or something. It doesn’t come back up. I tried tightening the response knob thing, and it still doesn’t work. I don’t know how to bring the yoyo back up. Can someone help me please? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Are you tugging on the yoyo? Look at the gap when tightening to make sure the knobs are working.

Tighten both knobs from both sides. Look inside the gap and see if it’s narrowing or widening. The narrower it is the easier the you will come back up. Good luck and welcome.

Another new guy? Awesome… Yyf, yyj, clyw, spyy and anyone else, if your reading this, perhaps it’s time to start filling happy meals with yoyos again… We can have another boom

And yea, play with the dials, if I’m not mistaken, you have to dial the right one toward yourself, and the left one away from you… If that widens your gap then it’s the opposite…

Btw, welcome to our forums!

yeah, i’ve tugged on it and i tried tightening both knobs. When i look at the gap, I can see them going closer together or farther apart depending on which way i turn. When i put both of them close, that should make it more responsive right? When i do that, it still doesn’t come back up when i tug. I even tried turning it all the way so that it practically clamps onto the string, and that still doesn’t work.

hey guys! guess what? It works now!! Idk what was wrong with it last time, but it works now! I tightened the knobs perfectly this time i guess? I did something, that’s for sure, because now it actually works! I spent the whole day yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong. Haha, probably just had a bad day or something. Well thanks for your advice! It really helped!! :DDDDD Y’all are amazing! Have a great day! :smiley: