Need help with restarts on YYJ XConvict

So I have my XConvict and I love the thing. I’m still trying to get down restarting a dead yo yo. I can only manually wind it after it dies which is lame so I’m trying to practice a restart, any restart other than winding. I’ve watch videos of the snap starts, rolling it with your foot, rolling it off your palm etc. I like the snap start but every time I try it, the yo yo wobbles like crazy and doesn’t spin enough to bind. I know I need to practice more but it’s frustrating. Was wondering if someone could post a vid of them snap starting an Xcon? I saw Andre do it on his BM but I’d like to see someone do it on an XCon.

As far as I know, there is no video of someone snap-starting a dead X-ConVict, sorry.

However, I can offer you some of my humble advice. The general consensus is to snap start with the middle of your fingertips. However, I find it easier to snap start with the very tips of your finger tips. If you happen to be trying with the very tips of your fingers and still have no luck, try snap-starting with different places on your fingertips to get a feel of whats comfortable to you.

Another thing I find helpful when snap-starting, is to pinch the string that’s close to the yo-yo (About an inch or two away) so that the yo-yo will not be able to move as freely and wobble about as easily.

The number one thing that will help you is practice. Find a method that makes you comfortable and keep working at it. Often times it’s the most frustrating tricks that are the most worthwhile.

[quote=“Iron,post:2,topic:18295”]
There is now.

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses. I know it takes practice. @iron: thank you for the advice. I will give that a try. @Elephark: Sick :wink: ty very much. I just wanted to see a video to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just need to practice on getting there. @Mi: Too funny. Good stuff! :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also try the handstarting part of Johnny Delvalle’s stalls to start the yoyo. It should work well on a X-convict.

Don’t do the snappin motion too hard, just enough to get it spinning. If you snap it too hard it will wobble out and die. Also, turn your wrist while you do it, this will give the yoyo some extra spin.