Need help with Duncan Pulse!

I’ll check my pulse in the morning (when I can get it from my kids) and see if there might be something else to compare between the two. I actually removed the washers from both sides and put them away in a box, cause it’s a bit more responsive that way. However, removing the 2nd spacer was a huge pain. The axle is in there super tight.

1 Like

If you unscrew it and flick the bearing with your finger it should spin. If it doesn’t there’s still a problem.

Don’t Pulses use Friction Biscuits for response instead of Starburst?

Nevermind, that model looks to have Starburst form the pics.

This is the new pulse, which has guts very similar to the Duncan Hornet.

1 Like

Mhm it’ll spin

Mhm, the website says that the response system is called “Starburst”

If the bearing spins freely when the yoyo is taken apart but sounds like it does not when the yoyo is put together it means the half without the bearing is putting pressure on the bearing and not allowing it to spin which would mean it is now technically a fixed axle yoyo which means the yoyo should return to your hand if thrown properly. You could probably just buy a new yoyo in the time it takes to solve this problem. Maybe someone will chime in with a solition.

Yeah, I’m thinking of just buying a way better yo-yo anyway, since this is just a cheap one and I got the savings to buy a better one that I didn’t find for 15 bucks in a Walmart one day :laughing:

It’s a good yoyo but something is just wrong with the way it is put together. Where do you live?

I live in the U.S.

1 Like

It seems (unless I still have it built wrong, i’ll put a quick pic in here so anyone reading who knows stuff about yo-yos can see if it’s wrong) that the string just will rotate around the ball bearing and never actually be able to wind up in any way causing the bearing to not rotate at all, meaning it won’t sleep, I know one reply said that if I flick it, then it should spin. But I’m not sure how much it should rotate, for me it maybe spins once and stops, I don’t know if this is normal or not sadly

The bearing should spin quite a lot when it’s taken apart and flicked. You should be able to hear it spin when you flick it. I’m wondering if the string is put on properly.

Yeah I can’t hear a thing. I’m pretty sure I put it on properly, I watched several you tube videos about undoing the strands and making a loop using the two separate strings that make up a yo yo string. Quick question actually, with a decent throw, do you have a ballpark estimate for how long it’ll usually spin without completely dying out?

That depends on the throw - how straight you are throwing and the power behind the throw. If the bearing does not even spin then it’s a problem. You said in a message you were getting it to sleep and walking the dog…

Does this video help at all?

https://yoyoexpert.com/learn/004-adjust-yo-yo-string.php

I couldn’t get it to spin for more than 15 seconds, I don’t know if this is long or short. Also the video kind of helped, and it did seem like his bearing spun a lot more than mine, which isn’t the best sign

1 Like

Seems about normal for a pulse.