Need help with a yoyo that wont unscrew!

Okay guys so I need a bit of help…

I’ve had my fair share of yoyos that are a pain to unscrew and they do with a little force but this time I’m having trouble. I recently got a BreakBeatYo Fire from another retailer and it unscrewed fine the first couple times and now the bearing is being responsive and wanted to take the bearing out but I’m in a dilemma. I haven’t unscrewed the yoyo in a couple days and now when i was trying to, it will not unscrew!! I’ve tried brute force twisting and it wont budge and I my stepdad even tried too and it won’t work.

Does anyone have any idea or tips to try and get this thing unscrewed? Any help would be appreciated!

Try putting it in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes. Sometimes that will shrink the parts enough to make it a bit looser.

I actually just got it unscrewed! It can be deleted now

That’s the first time I’ve heard that. Interesting… Anyway, I would have suggested the double nut method.

Even though this topic is solved, I wouldn’t recommend this, aluminum shrinks faster than steel, and since the axle is steel, the aluminum around the axle would shrink quicker, making the yoyo harder to unscrew.

actually double nut is for removing a stuck axle not a yoyo that won’t unscrew

1 Like

Actually it works because the metal itself shrinks, leaving the hole a bit larger.
Think about that a bit. :wink:

The whole thing shrinks lol, including the threaded hole for the axle, if it’s a tight bearing that’s making the yoyo hard to unscrew, then the freezer method would work lol.

The hole gets larger because the metal ring that forms it shrinks away from the hole.

1 Like

You learn something new every day!

I am confused. You would recommend this, even though you say it would make the yoyo harder to unscrew?

Typo, I meant wouldn’t lol