Need help trying to learn an easy tech combo

I need help trying to learn an easy tech combo that is easy to perform but yet looks complicated to look at. if anyone has any personal or favorite tech tricks to perform I would love to hear from your recommendations thanks :grin:

4 Likes

Sure you donā€™t want to invest time in smooth and flowy tricks? Personally I find them more satisfying than something that looks or is complicated. Someone will answer this directly though.

1 Like
3 Likes

I donā€™t really mind that I put time and effort into the trick. The main problem is that I donā€™t know what kind of tricks work well :sweat_smile: and if I even attempt tech without knowing what Iā€™m doing it just going to be a bundled mess of string :joy:

1 Like

megic trick is exactly what youā€™re looking for.

5 Likes

What exactly is Tech again? I donā€™t think I knowā€¦ I probably do lots of tech tricks then. When I think of tech, it reminds me of ā€œcats cradleā€ types of tricks, manipulations where the payoff may be a tower. Some picture tricks seem like ā€œtechā€ to me.

Iā€™m missing something.

This tech tutorials series made by Tech Creators (Nehemiah Peterson and Greg Angel of One Drop) is a good place to start.

2 Likes

Your probably missing all of the complexity when it comes to tech tricks. So thatā€™s why I made this thread so I can learn to :sweat_smile::grin:

1 Like

I do some of these elements, never knew they were defined as tech. Some have a lot of steps to remember.

I think of tech as the pursuit of density. Like, If you have multiple string wraps and kinks beyond the standard mounts. Iā€™m no expert though and I struggle with it. I donā€™t know how he isnā€™t constantly getting knots in all those tutorials lol.

Huh, I am after flowy, maintaining a fluidity of motion. Itā€™s the style I like best, ā€œdensityā€ does not come to mind. I appreciate your explanation it makes sense. Lately have been watching Nate Martsolf (sp) who seems to have this type of style. He is excellent, but not on a different planet excellent. What I mean is I can take some elements here and there without being totally frustrated. Partly because the flow is good.

1 Like

Flow is where itā€™s at. I try to focus on how the yoyo is moving through space and try to find creative ways to keep it moving. I think itā€™s good to learn tricks from all styles to have more options to choose from to keep the flow going in the moment.

This one is really cool: Tech YoYo Combo Tutorial - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ll check it out :+1:t2::grin:

1 Like