Need help to choose out of these three yo-yos!

I need help to choose which yo-yo out of these three is the best performer ??
Speedaholic xx
Shooting star
Wedge
Now I have a reason for each of these. 1 (speedaholic xx) I heard a lot of great stuff about this yo-yo and wanted to try one out plus it could be my first C3 throw. 2 (shooting star) I actually have an iceberg and I love that throw it’s great so I wanted a plastic everyday carry of that yoyo which I thought would be cool. 3 (wedge) I’m sure almost everyone has one of these in their collection and so do I but I just got to have that clear colorway it’s amazing !!! And who doesn’t want another wedge right !!!
So those are my three options please help me decide !!!

1 Like

Speedaholic xx for sure

8 Likes

This :point_up_2:

1 Like

My vote is for speedaholic xx, but I have all the yoyos you mentioned. The wedge is not in the same league at all as speedaholicxx or shooting star imo. The speedaholicxx is one of my everyday throws. I had it before the shooting star, but the shooting star seems like it is pretty much the same yoyo. The one thing the shooting star has over the speedaholicxx is the hardware for responsive play. I can’t vouch for its responsive play at all since I never tried it that way.

4 Likes

Sounds like you really dig wide yoyos. If wide is what you’re going for, then the Speedaholic is probably the best choice. The Wedge is really wide too, but not nearly as strong a performer IMO. My favorite of these is the Shooting Star, but that’s because I’m not infatuated with wide yoyos at all.

3 Likes

Yeah I really like wide yo-yos but sometimes it’s good to go undersized so I like to transition and mix it up sometimes but I’m curious to find out about the smoothness of the speedaholic xx by the looks of it I might lean towards the speedaholic but I have to do my research a little bit more before I make the jump :grin:

Speedaholic xx

2 Likes

I’m with @Almonds . I like them all, but the Speedo and the Shooting Star are pretty similar (and so is the Frosted Euclase iirc). I’ve been using my wedge more than the other three but mainly because of the color. The other two are smoother than the Wedge.

2 Likes

I like the Shooting Star best out of those.

1 Like

I have the Shooting star. Good for everything, including grinds and fingerspins and you can play it responsive or non responsive.

2 Likes

So I guess it comes down to the speedaholic xx and the shooting star which one would you say has the most smoothness and the most power to it ??

They are similarly smooth, both being machined plastic. I think the Speedaholic is slightly more powerful, but it’s not by much at all. Spin time for all practical intents and purposes will be nearly identical.

2 Likes

speedaholic xx forsure!

1 Like

I’ve not played the others, but I really like the Speedaholic XX. Besides being smooth and stable, it has about the best fingerspin cup in my admittedly small collection.

1 Like

To my mind you’re splitting hairs at this point, but I’d trust the apparent consensus here if I were you (i.e. Speedoholic XX).

Same goes for me! I own three of them. A teal one for day play, a glowy one for nighttime and a duplicate teal one MIB in storage for after the Apocalypse.

Ivan

Well, between the Speedaholic XX and the Shooting Star, the Speedaholic XX plays more solid and feels more powerful while the Shooting Star plays lighter, faster and more nimble on the string. So if you like lighter and faster yoyos, go with the Shooting Star (I did). If you prefer a more solid feeling and powerful feeling yoyo, go with the Speedaholic XX.

3 Likes

Not to derail but has anyone played a shooting star next to the SF Plstc?

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who commented on this thread I really appreciate it !!! and after long consideration I might have to go with the speedaholic xx from hearing everyone’s positive comments a lot of y’all say that it’s powerful and feels solid which I like to see in plastics :grin: so I decided to chose that one and plus it’s my first C3 yo-yo I’ve never tried one of their throws before but it looks like it’s amazing quality. I might keep in mind the shooting star for future throws though it sounds like a good yo-yo to me as well. Again thanks to everyone helping me out with my indecisive mind when it comes to buying new throws :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Methinks you won’t be disappointed! Update with a pic of whatever color you get!

Ivan

1 Like