Shooting Star vs Speedaholic xx?

Which one is better performance wise? The colors I have in mind are both equally pretty and the specs and shapes are almost identical, I’m interested in how each of them play. I’m looking for an edc plastic that can do pretty much anything.

They play very similarly and are both great. I think the Speedaholic maybe spins a little longer for me.

The new fades on the Shooting Star are sick. If I was buying a new one it would definitely be the Shooting Star on colors alone.

Edit: I mean, just check out that rainbow fade!

2 Likes

Personal preference for me was the shooting star of the two. I believe I have three as my kids kept stealing them.

The new colors are a real kick. Spinning I’m not sure if they’d make me want to rainbow hurl. Anyone thrown these new colorways?

3 Likes

The usual maxim applies: If you can’t decide on one, get both … even if you have to sell a kidney.

I’m kidding on the last part, but only the last part.

1 Like

Coin toss imho. I’ve thought that I preferred one, then the next time I compared, it was the other way around.

1 Like

I would vote for the Shooting Star personally. You could play responsive too. All you would have to do is keep the half spec in a little baggie inside your wallet or something.

3 Likes

I liked the Speedaholic a whole lot, but if I had to choose one of these it would be the Shooting Star, hands down. Great yoyo. The difference in performance between these two is totally negligible.

1 Like

You can play responsive with the speedaholic as well, just drop in a half spec bearing. They sell one version of it already set up that way.

Is the shooting star loud like the Iceberg, doesn’t bother me as I kind of like it.

1 Like

The Speedaholic XX is a great plastic throw for sure! I haven’t tried the Shotting Star but have heard good things.

As for changing the Speedaholic XX to responsive, it is very simple, but you will need a half spec bearing and thick 19mm response pads (green extra thick yyf pads work great and can be found Here). I’ve changed two of the five XX’s we have to responsive, and they play great.

I have the one below and didn’t have to change the pads, just the bearing. The Naoto edition already come set up for responsive with a half spec bearing installed.

3 Likes