Need help, please reply!

Hi people, i’m doing a project on proving to people yoyo is a sport. Now i’m thinking about surveying yoyoers from this site and asking why they personally believe whether yoyo is a sport or not.

Spin All Day and Night!

-ccn411

it has been put under the “sport” division at all the places I go to. and offtopic, get yourself a new catchphrase, it is almost exactly like my sig.

It’s pretty much like any other sport, I think. There are teams and competitions for yo-yoing and there are also people who just do it as a hobby.

I think yoyoing has a competativeness like any other sport and you can always improve like other sports.

A couple of threads on YYN that discuss this subject:

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,23340.0.html
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,7599.0.html

spobby, sport, hobby

yokaiyo

now the sport that yoyoing is most like is gymnastics, therea re teams and diff divisions and judges, there are a lot of similarities, now i personally hate gymnastics but they are very similar

It depends on the person. For me, it is a hobby. I don’t yoyo competitively (yet) so it is a hobby.

I am serious about yoyoing, so I would consider it a sport.

-Mitchell

I would say yoyoing is a sport, but I couldn’t compare it to anything else. Unlike gymnastics, which is pretty much all compulsories (sp?) yoyoing lets the players be original. Also unlike most sports, everyone roots for everyone else. The loser is always happy for the winner.

That’s maybe the best thing about yoyoing.

Hey guys.
Yes yo_yoing is a sport, here is the definition of a sport.

A Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

And if any one ever tells you it is not a sport, hand them a yo-yo and tell them to go at it.  ;D.   
                                                tickel it

The most amazing sport ever invented!!!
;D

yes yoyoing is a sport but like every else said yoyoing has teams, sports have teams, yoyoing has competitions, sports have competitions, duhh they have players someone a;most always wins at a competition YOYOING IS A SPORT FOR SOME PEOPLE

That pretty much sums it up for me!

I tickled it…now what?

I think yo-yo is a sport because, they do have compitition and like every sport everyones not good at it.

It can be a toy if you don’t treat it like a sport. If you just go up and down i would consider that as a toy.

Here’s an example, so i did a move in basketball and make the basket, it’s just like doing the trick, and landing it smooth and clear, and by land i mean bind without any problems and did the trick fine.

It can be both ways, it matters how you play with it. :wink:

~Steven