Yoyoing isnt a sport... sorry guys

‎"sport [spawrt, spohrt]
noun
1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature"

yoyoing doesn’t require physical prowess…

Sorry for the disappointment

skill OR physical prowess

are you saying yoyoing requires no skill?

2 Likes

it kinda does require some athletic skill if you want to do body wraps, jumps, etc.

am I feeding the troll here? ???

we both gave him a full dinner i believe…

Ur right it isn’t a sport its a way of life

1 Like

Skill ORRR. Yoyoing requires both skill and is competitive.

yes true

I’ve sealed off my bunker. Fire at will. This is gonna be war

Don’t you start this again! :wink:

Explain bowling and darts then.

1 Like

Bowling requires a good arm.

Darts requires a good wrist.

The simplest trick in yoyo would be the gravity pull.

Would you consider a man doing gravity pull over and over again to be playing a sport?
Nope, me neither.

And to all you guys who say that yoyoing is a sport because of the skill factor, with that logic, walking could be considered a sport. Sitting down could be considered a sport. Standing up could be considered a sport. Typing long rants about yoyoing not being a sport could be considered a sport.

Ask anyone who doesnt yoyo, and ask them if its a sport.

ITS NOT.

I really wish it was, but it isnt.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Do you consider someone trying to granny toss a basketball into a hoop but can’t make a single shot, playing a sport? It might be boring but they’re still playing basketball. What about a golfer who can’t even hit the ball? They stink at golf, but they’re still playing the sport. Level of skill does not pertain to qualification of a sport. The definition does.

EDIT: I don’t care if they’re trolling or not. If so, someone take it down. Regardless, I’m sick of seeing posts like this trying to cause conflict among yoyoers instead of helping others. Even if they’re trolling, many people believe it’s not a sport. It doesn’t matter to me if it is “officially recognized” or not, but by the definition it is one.

More important question:

…Does it matter?

5 Likes

Well, it has all the requirements according to your definition in the first place, so you’ve basically nullified your own argument.

And there’s yoyo competitions.

So, thread lock time!

Since this is coming up again… is ban hammering a Sport… kinda like the carnival game whack-a-troll?

OKAY, next time i try to have an opinion, i know where NOT to go…

Im not a troll either.

Im human, 1091328409273408743082758347084370943705973042975087340875984375283475832047593478057208347508934275842374387%

Dont hate.

And really, i could have a standing up contest, and i still wouldn’t consider it a sport.

And BTW, its not my definition, its webster’s

Really?

Definition of SPORT (noun)
a : a source of diversion : recreation b : sexual play c (1) : physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2) : a particular activity (as an athletic game) so engaged in
a : pleasantry, jest b : often mean-spirited jesting : mockery, derision
a : something tossed or driven about in or as if in play b : laughingstock
a : sportsman b : a person considered with respect to living up to the ideals of sportsmanship c : a companionable person
: an individual exhibiting a sudden deviation from type beyond the normal limits of individual variation usually as a result of mutation especially of somatic tissue

Wow.

A couple of adults picking on a 13 year old because be thought that Webster wrote the dictionary he found this definition… OH WAIT, HE DID!

Mods, please lock this thread.

Either that, or grab a bucket of popcorn and watch the show.

Your choice.