Is Yoyo a Sport to you?

As the title says.

Put your reasons why you thinks your opinion.

Thanks!!

Yes, I’ll get into why later when I have time to type my manifesto

1 Like

Yes. There’s competitions, aren’t there?

1 Like

I think it depends, if you are really serious about it, then yes it is a sport. If it is just something you do every now and then it is not really.

Ok, It is a sport, there are teams, compatitions, you can always improve, and it’s fun… and i think theres already thread on this

If synchronized swimming is an olympic sport, I dont know how Yoyoing cannot be a sport.

But it is a sport.

Why should it be an Olympic sport? Personally, I would HATE if it was an Olympic Sport.

Im not saying that yoyoing should be an olympic sport im just saying that yoyoing seems much more sportyish(?) than synchronized swimming

whats wrong with olympic sports? you shouldn’t care about that; if you like to yoyo nothing else matters.

Your not getting what Im trying to say… :-\

all I am trying to say is that people perform synchronized swimming at the olypics, which is the highest level of sporting events. I personally find yoyoing more competitive and more interesting than synchronized swimming. I also find that it takes more skill. This is just my opinion of why yoyoing is a sport.

In short… If synchronized swimming is a sport… so is yoyoing

yeah i think its a sport, theres competitions teams and everythings. and just like other sport you can just do it because you enjoy it

I do believe that yoyoing is a sport. I yoyo pretty frequently in Competitions. The fact that im competing against other yoyoers alone is enough because at the end of the day somebodies going to be first and somebodies going to be last just the same as a football game or a baseball game.

I live to yo… I think that anwesers it all…

like he said I think the same thing it really matters if you are serious about it if you don’t ever throw a corect gravity pull than no but if you can do like mabye a double or nothing than it’s probebly a huge sport

Well double or nothing- not a huge sport- it kinda depends how long you’ve been going. But some people are slower than other, and i practice everyday for probably a hour at the least… It’s a HUGE sport

I don’t think it is a sport or a hobby. I think it is a spobby.

3 Likes

It’s a skill, too. How about a Spobill ???

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s a sport. Teams, competitions, or just for fun just like other sports.

Also, I don’t think it’s a spobby. Do we call basketball, baseball, soccer, etc. a spobby (or spobill)? People just do them as hobbies for fun, too.

Personally, I think it makes sense to call yo-yoing a sport.

I have to disagree. Let me try to make an analogy for this. Double or Nothings is a part of yo-yoing, right? Well, dribbling a ball is a part of basketball. If someone is standing still, dribbling a ball, it’s still basketball and if someone is just doing a Double or Nothing, it’s still yo-yoing. Just because you don’t have as much skill doesn’t mean you aren’t doing the sport. Okay, so, that wasn’t a great analogy, but you get my point (I think).

I have to say I completely agree with you Kim-Lan, especially on that last bit.

I have to disagree. Let me try to make an analogy for this. Double or Nothings is a part of yo-yoing, right? Well, dribbling a ball is a part of basketball. If someone is standing still, dribbling a ball, it’s still basketball and if someone is just doing a Double or Nothing, it’s still yo-yoing. Just because you don’t have as much skill doesn’t mean you aren’t doing the sport. Okay, so, that wasn’t a great analogy, but you get my point (I think).
[/quote]
Yea, i get your point and i do see how i should have said this- You won’t be going to nationals doing a double or nothing as a sport. But you have to BELEIVE it’s a sport!