Need help on Boing-E-Boing

I reccomend doing some barrel rolls and then take it slow… Dont worry about going fast, just slowly and smoothly, up and down… Get it bouncing… Then do it with full length string (No rolls). Then once you can do it slowly speed it up

1 Like

I agree with keeping your strings lined up. For me it has to be almost perfect. Try the bobbing your wrist up and down motion. After a couple of minutes you’ll feel what you need to do.

1 Like

what i do to make it work is pinch the string at both places, above and below the yo, and make sure you are consistently moving your throw hand

1 Like

I am a Boing expert if you will call me. The thing to boing, is your motion. I know, don’t be so anxious and move your hand sooooooo fast. Bounce a big motion, but don’t do it so fast. You will get it. Practice it slower. You will feel real good when you bounce slowly but with a big motion.

1 Like

Thanks everybody for the posts. I have just one more question: Is it ok that when I do Boing-E-Boing, I move my whole hand up and down? When I move my whole hand up and down, I can do it without even doing one barrell roll.

do a few barrel rolls first, or do a bunch and just keep doing one less every time you think you’r ready. Boingy boing is a hard trick, but I found the more barrel rolls you do (within reason), the easier the trick is.

1 Like

Yeah… I mean, you need to move your hand, if you moved just your fingers it would be all in the wrist and awkward…

But if it works it works…

1 Like

The best thing I’ll say is practice the Up and Down motion, And to the barrel roll, It’s okay, But when you get the feel and the motion, Try not going to a Barrel Roll. :slight_smile:

Take a look,

1 Like

Well actually when I move my whole hand up and down, I can actually do it without doing a barrel roll at all. I was just wanting to know if I was doing it the right way. Thanks for the help.

yup thats the right way to do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like