Need help choosing a new yoyo!

Hello all!
I am looking for something new. My style is pretty flowing, big tricks, not so much horizontal play, lots of slack. I have a gradient, shutter, dv888, genesis with hubstacks (which I am actually going to return), and a popstar.

I was looking at the One drop code2, as well as the one drop x clyw summit. How are they? Stability, speed, sleep time…? I actually had a clyw AC2, and really actually didnt like it at all, and I know the summit has a VERY similar shape, which is fine, but is it better? my AC2 was vibrating like crazy.

Any other suggestions too would be amazing! Keep it under $100 though please! I just dont know what else is out there, c3, werrd…i have no idea lol. Thanks

the duncan torque is cheap and a really good player, if you can get past the horrid decal in the middle which ruins a really nice finger spin area.

Code 2 is phenomenal. Powerful and “full” in the hand, while at the same time not being overpoweringly heavy. It lets you keep a flowing pace very nicely indeed. It can handle horizontal if you want to chuck some horizontal at it, too, though.

Code 2 with spikes or ultra-lights for the win. :smiley:

Gee, do you really spend that much time looking at the yoyo? When you are playing with the Torque can you see the decal? If you are concerned with how it plays who cares what it looks like.

^lets stay focused here haha…help me out

I personally found the code 2 to be very bland and boring. Would definitely go for the summit over it. Would also consider the irony JP 2k13 or jpx

So what else would you suggest under $100 bucks? Even like the horizon maybe? Please let me know. I clearly need assistance. Why was the code 2 bland? Any other one drops under 100?

Well the new benchmarks are due out soon so maybe consider those otherwise I’d grab a gradient even though it’s not my favorite. Maybe a Chik since those were really stable.

For under $100 though my favorite would be the werrd 86400. Really interested in the Too Hot from yoyofactory as well. The new orbis from yoyofficer should be a blast as well with how wide it is. Horizon isn’t a bad choice either but if I wanted oversized I’d be reaching for the 86400.

I got a gradient. I love it. So if thats my kind if yoyo, what is similar? The chik is good? I heard the too hot is good too, better than the normal hot? Any thing else? You seem to know your stuff. I kinda want one with an area I can learn to do a finger grind horizontally. any c3 yoyos? the turning point shake? rebel macrocosm? normal genesis? are god tricks yoyos good? tell me more about the 86400?

please…just like expel all your yoyo knowledge haha

I got a gradient. I love it. So if thats my kind if yoyo, what is similar? The chik is good? I heard the too hot is good too, better than the normal hot? Any thing else? You seem to know your stuff. I kinda want one with an area I can learn to do a finger grind horizontally. any c3 yoyos? the turning point shake? rebel macrocosm? normal genesis? are god tricks yoyos good? tell me more about the 86400?

please…just like expel all your yoyo knowledge haha

I’ve owned 2 Chiks. It’s a great yoyo, but I prefer the Gradient. I don’t think you’re going to get that much ‘new’ by moving to a Chik.

Remember, just because one person didn’t like the Code 2 doesn’t mean others don’t love it. Naturally it’s Jrod’s favourite modern 1A yoyo, but he’s not the only one. There are plenty out there who live and die by the Code 2 still. :wink: I think the Code 2 gives you a whole different yoyo from the Gradient, which is worthwhile in and of itself.

I can’t disagree with the other recommendations, though! 86400 is totally legit. The Orbis is highly interesting and will also be very different from what you already own.

Is the 86400 really that good? I really do want something DIFFERENT…any other suggestions?

how about the t1?

Haven’t played one, but based on descriptions by people who I understand, it should be pretty different from what you have. I have a Cascade, and that’s a pretty different yoyo, too-- in-hand and size wise in particular, though admittedly on the string it shares some common traits with the Gradient.

Puffin or space cowboy- summit is terrible

Under 100 bucks though

These things are not $100 or less. :wink: