Need advice on which yoyo to buy

I have just had the dark magic one for about a year now, and i am looking to get a new yoyo. I im getting in to more unresponsive play for string tricks and such and just starting to get into the advanced tricks, but don’t really know what kind of yoyo to get. I was thinking about the north star, but it might be just because of jensen and his worlds routine with it…anyways im taking all advice thanks guys

I would get a protostar because of it’s versatallity

I agree, for several reasons. The protostar is a great, well documented, solid, tried-and-true player. The Northstar, while popular at the moment because of Jensen’s win, has had some controversy due to some production problems in it’s early run. Personally, I’ve thrown a Northstar and found no problems with it whatsoever, but I’d say go with the Protostar for now, for sheer reliability. You can always pick up a Northstar later.

I wouldn’t buy any YoYo because of “Jensen and his worlds routine”. That YoYo played like it did @ worlds because of Jensen, nothing more, nothing less. Just remember, as it has been said before, its the player that makes the YoYo, the YoYo doesn’t make the player.

Now back to this new throw you want…what are your preferences? Large, Mid, Small, Round, H-Shape, ect ect?

1 Like

Get a metal yoyo.
also depends on price
New Breed, Revolution, DV88, Yukusta, SR-71

well, im not really sure, the only yoyo ive really ever had is a dark magic which i think is H-Shape? Right now im just up for new ideas and experiences…and so far ive got the protostar and some other metal yoyos in my sights…really anything that is recommended and is good with with unresponsive play…thanks for all the help guys

yeah deffinatelly not H shaped. it is round/butterfly shape. here are some shapes with examples:

H shaped: Yuuksta, Genesis, G5, Severe

Round/Butterfly: 888, Boss, Hitman, 44, DM

Wing: Skyy Chaser, DV888, Half and half, Agape

V shaped: Speeder, speedmaker, Phenomism, Meteor, Frantic, Slepnir

Any one want to add to this list? i am feeling like i am forgetting some shapes.
remember, on yoyoexpert, to view the gap, click view yoyo, and press next until you reach the right picture.

i would say it is time for you to get your first all metal yoyo. if you want a different shape, go for anything but round/butterfly, if you want a different size, go for smaller, if you want a different weight, go for a little lighter.

I agree and was very closely looking at the DV888 because it looks like it plays great, and its pretty cheap

Personally, I’d go DM2. It’s a little expensive, but it is AMAZING at grinds and has awesome sleep times. If your interested, here’s a link  :o …

well you have had a DM for a year, i doubt you would want another DM that is a little bit upgraded.

Dont get a Northstar, it can crack easily.

You should maybe get like a DV888, or a DM 2.

DV888 sounds like the one to me…i don’t think i want another dark magic, i need to explore some other yoyos