NBA playoffs

Kind of late but has anyone been following the NBA playoffs? Who were/are you guys rooting for? What’d you guys think of the series’ that have already finished?

Kawhi’s been killin it the past few weeks. I was personally rooting for the Raptors so that comeback from 0-2 got me super hyped up, especially games 3 and 5

5 Likes

Hey great thread!

I’m a Celtics fan, so after the Bucks destroyed the Celts I decided to hop on the Raptors bandwagon in hopes of revenge.

I thought it was over after the first 2 games of Giannis playing meh and getting the W anyways, but kawhi, Lowry, and gasol have playing some real ball the last few games. If Kawhi can get more fluidity in his game he could shape up to be one of the all time greats. Even while looking a bit mechanic, he’s dropping major points.

I feel the Bucks matchup a bit better with Golden State than the Raps do, but I want the Raps to pull through anyway. I just want someone to knock the Warriors off.

3 Likes

Kawhis been very clutch this playoff season, he’s definitely been putting in work when they need him most.

For the duration of the majority of most games though he seems good but not super impressive but then you look at the stats sheet at the end of each game and you see he’s actually been lighting it up.

Really shows how easy he makes it look even though he’s not super flashy or stands out as much as people like Giannis or Harden. His efficiency’s been insane too.

I don’t see Warriors losing this year, especially if Durant gets back. Also, imagine if they had Durant and Boogie for the whole series, that’d be a straight sweep no matter who they play :joy:

3 Likes

Kawhi has definitely impressed me. His full ability didn’t shine with the Spurs offensive system, so the change to Raptors where he’s been given the ultimate green light is super fun to watch. I’m honestly so excited to watch the game tomorrow, Raptors in 6 would be wild, but the Bucks forcing a game 7 would be just crazy. I feel the later is more likely; Giannis seems super ready to answer back.

I’m just glad that all the KD free agency talk is expecting him to leave the Warriors. I’d like a little more mystery as to who’s going to play in the finals year to year :joy:

3 Likes

I’m rooting for the Blue Jackets all the way.

1 Like

I’m rooting for Evan Nagao

4 Likes

He’s got a nasty jumper

2 Likes

Can’t agree any less. If he 1 v 1’d Jordan or kyrie or Bird he could just confuse them with his super futuristic toy and then shoot a three

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

RIP warriors

There was a lot of luck but Raptors road to championship was legendary, possibly one of the best of all time.

In 2nd round It was tied but Kawhi could’ve easily missed that final shot and lost in OT and that would’ve been it. But he made one of the clutchest shots in history, even if it was a little lucky. First buzzer beater in game 7 history.

Down 0-2 against #1 seed Bucks but end up sweeping 4-2. I believe this is the first time a teams won 4-2 from 0-2 down as well.

Raptors got a little lucky again and Warriors were down 2-3 all star level players but doesn’t change the fact that they took down a dynasty in the finals.

And first championship for Raptors, first by a non-US team, all in Kawhis first year there.

2 Likes

Literally only way anybody but warriors won was if two key people got hurt. Kinda took away from what kawhi did imo. And I mean no disrespect on kawhi. Just sad to see an injury plagued finals. Next year is wide open now though with kevin durant and klay out all next season