Hockey Talkey 2024- Stanley Cup Time

Who do you want to win the Stanley Cup? As a fan of the Hurricanes I’m happy that we’re the favorites (I’m also a fan of the Kraken but obviously they aren’t in the playoffs this year, sadly). Who do think stands the best chance of winning? Who do you want to win?

I’m a die hard blues fan - I got the Panthers beating the Stars in the finals

1 Like

I have Canes over the Avs or Stars (Stars i feel are slightly weaker than the Avs due to a bit less offensive pressure imo but both teams are wicked good). I also think that Nashville is a sleeper team.

Nashville’s run the second half of the season reminds me of the 2019 blues run leading up to their Stanley cup win. But I’m convinced the preds are gonna crumble. Here’s a look at my bracket

1 Like

Ok we actually agree a lot on teams in the first round-second round results with the preds excluded. I just personally think the canucks are running on fumes and are going to be beaten. Totally agree that the caps have at least a decent shot at beating the rangers thanks to Ovechkin and Lindgren.

The Canucks season could be a fluke like the Bruins last year hehe :wink:

The caps are my dark horse. They’re still in fight or flight mode having to compete up until the last game. I think they’re gonna surprise the league

1 Like

Any sweeps you expect? I have Islanders getting swept by the canes entirely and potentially the same for Stars beating the knights (i also hate the Knights due to mw liking the Kraken- why did the Knights have to get the unfair head start they did at their inception smh)

My team is out of it, but their name rhymes with the canucks, so that’s who I’m going to root for.

2 Likes

Lol I predict the Caps and they’re getting lit up in the 2nd. I actually have no sweeps on my bracket. Closest I think I had is bruins winning in 5. Bruins got that first round bye :rofl:

1 Like

Jets - Avs game 1 was one of the best playoff games I’ve watched since the Blues - Stars game 7 back in 2019

1 Like

I grew up a Flyers fan in the 70’s. Anyone but the Rangers :wink:

1 Like

Go Bolts! :zap:

1 Like

My wife loves her Stanley cup. I bet you could beat someone to death with it.

1 Like

I’m just glad the Red Wings had another miss.

2 Likes

That thing falls over for no explainable reason every 5 seconds. There might be a ghost inside of it :grimacing:

Huge hockey fan and Bolts supporter. Sadly I don’t see us getting past the Panthers. Down 3-0. Not impossible to come back, but I just don’t see it. At the start, I was predicting Panthers vs Stars in the finals. Might have to change that seeing as Vegas is putting a hurting on Dallas.

2 Likes