Hockey 🏒 Talky: Who is winning the Stanley Cup 2023

Making this post as the mirror to the NBA Championship post.

Who do you think is going to win this year’s Stanley Cup? I am a Kraken fan (and we have been looking quite sharp) so I hope we make it.

4 Likes

I am an Avs fan and I hate you. (Just kidding)

3 Likes

now that the first round is over my picks are the finals are Dallas vs Florida. 0 faith in the Canadian teams (I’m a Canucks fan, tragically).

1 Like

Florida!

Although I am biased because I live there. To be honest, we’ll choke.

1 Like

Let’s go Krakens! :smiley:

1 Like

Honestly the Panthers look kinda scary to go against ngl

1 Like

I don’t watch hockey that much but I say the avalanche go for a repeat.

1 Like

They are a good team. And we beat the bruins who were the number one seed. I’m surprised we did. I thought they were generally outplaying us during the series. But we toughed it out.

I think we are very high energy momentum based team. If we get on a roll, it can be hard to stop us but it can be finicky to get the couple bounces you need to generate that pressure.

2 Likes

All i know is that the Kraken only know 2 words- “Floor” and “check,” specifically in that order

Avs lost in the first round to the Kraken in 7 games, that’s why I jokingly said I hated OP lol

1 Like

Im a bruins fan. I am still in shock right now. Got to give credit though Florida outplayed them the entire series. Florida was 2-2 agai st the bruins during the season. Only one other team had 2 wins against them this season. I will be pulling for Bruce Cassidy for the rest of the finals now. I was hoping to get to see Boston and Vegas in the finals. That would have been fun.

2 Likes

No boat parade this year so I’ll be rooting for the other FL team down in Sunrise.

1 Like

I see the knights and canes making a good push. Knights are so well rounded . Now that they have Stone back they seem to just be moving so well. Also need them to beat up on Edmonton to get some revenge for my kings .

2 Likes

Let’s go Devils! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Let’s go Hurricanes!

But I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes down like last year with the Avalanche (NHL) and the Mammoth (NLL) winning their titles for Colorado. This year might be the Maple Leafs and the Rock winning their titles for Toronto.

Meanwhile it will quietly go by that Stan Kroenke owner of the Rams won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, the Stanley Cup and the NLL title last year with the Avalanche and Mammoth, and this year the NBA title with the Nuggets.

Let’s see if I’m channeling my inner Nostradamus.

2 Likes

Been a Canes fan since they moved in 97 and was there when they won the cup in 06. Love the team, love the organization, and who doesn’t love Brind’Amour? It’s the cup, and anything can/will happen (see: Bruins), but this def feels like we’ve got a better chance than any year in recent memory, even w some injuries.

2 Likes

Canes are my second favorite team because of Ajo

Like I said I don’t watch hockey. lol sorry

2 Likes

This is my dog Marty. I’ll be impressed if you can guess who I’m rooting for based on just that information

4 Likes

I picked sports teams based on colors about 5 years ago and I’m not ever going to change. Are the LA Kings in the running at all? :joy:

1 Like