My yoyo is too responsive. How should I make it less?

So when you’re talking about too responsive we talking about like it immediately snaps back to your hand as you throw a sleeper or more like when you try to do a trapeze it’ll snag and thwack your hand as it bunches up string?

When a throw is new you gotta break in your pads, whether that’s silicone or pre manufactured stuff so it’ll be grippy for a bit then smooth out after a bit of time, you can easily remedy it by just doing a bunch of binds till it feels right for you.

If you think it’s the bearing then try either cleaning and running dry which some people don’t like to do, others swear by it, OR you can apply a bit of thin lube after cleaning and throw a bunch of sleepers till the oil is broken in to get it nice and unresponsive.

As for recommendations a lot of people swear by Permatex 22074 Ultra Grey

So you could try getting that, I personally just used whatever red RTV silicone for my throws, and before that was clear window silicone so I would read up on that thread and see what you decide to use if you end up wanting to rip out the stock pads and going with the flow.

2 Likes