My Sister Needs a Yo-yo

Well, I got my x-con a few weeks ago and now Samantha(my sister) wants to get into Yoyoing with me. So I need some advice on which yoyo she needs.

1. She wants a plastic right now(which is the best thing for beginners)

2. She is 14

3. She can’t bind yet

i stared off with a kickside still love it it got me through some advanced tricks i say that(ps if she doesn’t like the caps they come off with any suction cup really)
but she can also get a velocity so it can be unresponsive when she learns to bind

1 Like

Cant go wrong with a F.A.S.T 201 for starters!

A Lyn Fury is really responsive right out of the box, at least for me anyways. You can get that and just put thick lube if she needs it.

Another great alternative is what Q said. The Fast 201 is really good plus its adjustable.

Hope I was helpful

i suggest to get her the “Journey” i started with that yoyo it’s it’s one hell of a player and just incase because when you play it to much the lubs breaks just buy your sis some thick lube

Hey,

I suggest either the Velocity or the Power Brain XP because I just started out and the power brain xp has a smart switch that you can turn to auto for automatic returns or off for it to be unresponsive.It’s a great yoyo for both string and looping tricks.

I’d say Lyn Fury, and some thick lube… Teach her to bind, then silicone that bad boy…

You should ask her what yoyo she likes and then get some thick lube with it.

Velocity, enough said. Adjustable, plastic is soft on hands, and Responsive when you want it to be.

any yyj plastic

Can’t go wrong with a spinstar by yyf! cheap, durable and responsive.

well a dark magic is fun and can be responsive if the gap is properly adjusted

Ehhhh.,… After you really break in the bearing even fully tightened it will still be unresponsive…

true but thats what thick lube is for ;D

I like for beginners to start with something simple and inexpensive that is going to take hits on the floor and importantly lightweight.

Duncan ProFly

Staying with lightweight inexpensive responsive, but more fun and extremely easy to use. No need to do bearing maintenance, once the bearing is broken in it will spin for a long time.

Duncan Dragonfly.

For the advantage of an adjustable gap durable that I think can take a person a very long way on the journey of yo yo play.

Kickside.

definetly a sidekick my friend says it awesome for beginners

Any of the YYJ plastics other than legacy. Just ask her which shape she likes.