Beginner Yoyo's

Okay so I let my brothers throw my Velocity around and they seem pretty interested in learning. I want to get them 2 fairly inexpensive beginner yoyo’s. I was thinking something like a Shinwoo or a Kickside. I need something thats really responsive… Can anyone give me a list of some good choices?

Thanks in advance =))

I would get them to bind with your velocity, and once they learn that they should get a legacy.

Yeah they’re 9 years old and just wanna learn some basics for a week or 2. Im thinking a Duncan Mosquito or Throw Monkey? Kickside? Lol

I’d say get two kicksides or two Speed Makers… Then when their bored in a week you can take the speed makers/Kicksides back, silicone the O-ring sides and put them together and you now have a silicone Speedmaker/Kickside, and a starburst one… Or just play them stock and pick up 3A!

I honestly can’t remember if FAST 201s come responsive out of the box. If they do, that would be a great choice because they are still some of the best yoyos around (even for advanced players).

Yeah, get a FAST 201. It is really responsive. ;D

A YYJ Plastic or, A F.A.S.T 201.

I say go for a lyn fury or speekmaker. Duncans are alright but i recommand yyj plastics.

or a yomega saber rader mod it to be even more responsive
;D

fast 201 is really responsive so it will be good.if you want to save money,get them velocity or if you are rich,adjust-o-matic lol

I like your thinking in the op. The shinwoo phantom is a great beginner yoyo. Heck I still have fun with mine. Yes the vibe a little but thats no biggy. I really suggest you get them a phantom.

I know I am old school, but why start off with a bearing yo yo fixed axles teach you discipline like learning to crawl before you can walk. It’s like a sports coach that makes you do things over and over again till you get it right.

Beginning with a fixed axle teaches you control, speed and precision of hand movements because you have such short spin times.

I recommend start with a Duncan ProFly $5 it’s simple yet easy to succeed with. Maybe even a plain all wood. Get the basics down with this, then and only then move onto a bearing yo yo.

A YYJ Journey or Kickside.

http://www.yoyoguy.com/PL/2/25/Fine-Wooden-Yo-yos

http://www.yoyoguy.com/PN/DU24/Duncan-Yo-yos/Duncan-ProFly