My new video - A Unicorn in the Wild

Featuring The Unicorn from @MarkD with the optional spin top caps

26 Likes

Awesome…very cool

1 Like

@DocPop p213 tricks, these caps are also the 48mm Duncan Standard, they’ll fit Freehands, Atmos , RSO and other capped models using this standard.

5 Likes

So you could regenerate yo-yo style and continue to use it as a spin top?

1 Like

In one section of the video I’m regenerating using spin top technique. Using it with the string attached like a yo-yo presents challenges to using it like a top - that’s why I’m using it offstring in the first section.

I feel I’m just scratching the surface of what can be done with this exciting new model - opportunities to meld spintop, offstring and 1A

6 Likes

This release has got me pretty excited. I’m still fairly new, but the potential here seems amazing.

2 Likes

Project 213 level 1 Chris Neff

Level 2

@kevinm

5 Likes

That one must have had a gap more like offstring. Even if you made the bearing responsive on The Unicorn, a number of moves in Chris’s video just wouldn’t be possible.

Very cool source for inspiration i wish I had seen earlier! Took me a minute to translate the boomerang to this new form.

2 Likes

@MarkD Can Unicorn run a 1/2 Spec?

Not without grinding down the bearing post. It’s about 2.26mm long, it would need to be < 1.6mm to fit a half spec.

1 Like

Hmmm… Unicorn Caps on an RSO Sushi…
Or maybe an Atmos Khuno…

3 Likes

Right now, good old fashioned spin tops are kicking my butt well enough, thanks.

3 Likes

The unicorn looks beautiful and has a very fun design. This vid is wicked @bobafret you handle that throw well!

This is a style I’ve never heard of and it’s certainly awe inspiring :nerd_face:
Are there any examples of players doing the spin top style tricks on their hands/arms but on string? It reminded me of this yoyo and when I looked at the wiki it was there lol. The possibility of going around the NTH wrist to the back of your hand (or something like that) I feel would be sick and makes me want one of these.

4 Likes