My holiday yoyos- are they good?

For christmas I got a yomega glide and a YYF replay pro. I’m wondering if the glide is really priced right, as it sleeps for like 2 min, and sometimes my replay will sleep longer! Should I sell my glide for 60$ and then spend that on bsts? I need some help.

Depending on which glide you have you probably won’t get 60 out of it I know you can get reg color glides for like 37.50 brand new at Billy Bob’s tackle. Have you tried to clean the bearing could have grit in it even if it’s nee

Ok. Ill try cleaning the bearing.

I have won several contests with Glide, look up my name in youtube and you’ll find some of the videos. It sleeps for 2 minutes because it’s as far as your skill can do, and that’s about right for most modern yoyos. You can use any yoyo and sleep time will be pretty much the same (gambling), unless you really know how to do it properly. It’s not about power, it’s about how to keep the yoyo straight all the way till it spins very slowly and then stop.
Personally I can do 7 minutes easy with most metal yoyos including Glide, average record time for most metals (in my hand) is like 8-10 minutes.

In short, sleep time doesn’t tell how good a yoyo is. You can get a FG Dazzler for like $800 if you don’t know how to use it, it will still perform bad.

So just practice, practice, and practice a lot, in a few months you’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

^truth. I’m amazed at how even a yoyo like the YYF Whip was completely underwhelming when I was a raw beginner, but now that I have a little skill, the Whip is so much better :grin:

1 Like

Agree so much, same yoyo too

[quote=“rizki_yoist,post:4,topic:78797”]
That is so true. Keeping the yoyo and it’s string in the same plane all the time not only allows it to spin longer, but allows your moves to be much more accurate. I’ve recently realized this and have gone back to practicing basics like double or nothing and gerbil just to focus on keeping everything straight.

It’s interesting that after almost a year of yoyoing the thing I keep coming back to is practicing a consistent, straight throw.

1 Like

Maybe it is just because I’ve been yo-yoing about the same time as GregB, but, this seems to be what I spend a lot of my practice time on as well. Not that I’m complaining, I enjoy it.