My Hectic is snapping strings

I just got a brand new yyf Hectic today in the mail and as the topic says it’s snapping strings.

It broke on e after a few hours and I just thought “huh, Must have been a bad string or something”
But just a few minutes ago it snapped another string. So my question is, Is there a way to fix this, or do I just have to live with it?

any help will be greatly appreciated

-Brett

Make sure the string is on the bearing and isn’t caught between anything. Also check to see if the string is durable. Out of curiosity, what kind of string are you using?

Well I’m sure that the string never slipped off the bearing (I check for things like that all the time when i first get a new yo-yo) and about what kind of string I was using… That’s a bit of a tough one. The first one that snapped was a string that I got with a shipment from yoyosam (Not sure what kind of string it was) and the second was the string that I got with the Hectic from yyf (Again, not sure what kind it was) I’ll do some research and try to find out what kind of strings they were.

p.s. I was looking abound the bearing seat and realized that there was some sort of weird orange specs in the groove. I just got those out but I’m not sure what they were or if they were causing he problem.

p.p.s. Also that splash feels raised from the yo-yo a bit. Is that normal, and if not could it be causing the problem/should I contact the company that I ordered the Hectic from?

take some denim, from like your jeans and kinda rub lightly around the response are. This will smooth out the are so it deosnt cut your string. As for the scratches it may put in the yoyo idk if it will or not