My first real yo-yo

Hello everyone, let me first say that I am super impressed with YYE. I order my yo-yo on Monday and it came today. I have been slingin’ it around all afternoon. The one that I ordered was the Speed Maker. DOes anyone else have it? I am having problems doing the “stop and go”. It will not bind and pull up into my hand. I know that I am doing it right because I can do it well with my other yo-yo.

My other yo-yo is kind of a funny story. I bought a cheap Duncan Mosquito and modified it myself. It spins really well. I ripped off the friction stickers and took it the side covers off. I took an old coat hanger and bent them around into a perfect circle, cut off the excess and placed them inside. Let me tell ya, this thing will hum. Spins forever.

Anyway, if anyone has any tips for me and my speed maker, all will be appreciated. I plan on learning all of the tricks I can before I buy my next yo-yo from this site. Looking foward to a DM or X-Con.

For Stop and Go you need a responsive yoyo. That one is probably unresponsive. Put some Thick Lube on it.

This thread should be in the Trick Help section. If you looking for help with a trick just post it there. If you have somthing to say about your Yo-Yo’s put it in the Y-Yo Review section.

Just telling you where to put threads.

Have fun at YoYoExpert!

~Steven :wink:

Glad to hear you have a good yoyo. Just learn to bind, because the Speedmaker is supposed to be unresponsive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDTuvqVD224

This thread should be in the Trick Help section. If you looking for help with a trick just post it there. If you have somthing to say about your Yo-Yo’s put it in the Y-Yo Review section.

Just telling you where to put threads.

Sorry man, I am new to this. I started out by just saying that I liked the service I got from YYE and I just kept on going.
My Bad!

well, i can do it with my unresponsive dark magic. To do it, you just turn your body around, throw it, and turn back around. So throw the yoyo backwards, then do the trick like that. (Or you can just do a trapeze throw)

If it still doesn’t work, start with your throwhand lower than your non-throwhand. then, move your throwhand upwards, and the string will start do like grab on the yoyo, then jerk it. It will help.

Don’t worry about it!

I think this thread was fine being posted here.

Welcome aboard! And I’m glad you like your new SpeedMaker! I wish I had some tips for you, but you sound like you already know just what to be doing. Learn some tricks, talk with people, and have fun. And don’t feel like you need to wait any amount of time to buy a new yoyo!