Stop n go???

I am stuck on the stop ng for some reason. Any advice?

Where do you have problems on? You are using a responsive yoyo right?

Just tug it up switch hands, and pull HARD. Really, I don’t bother doing this trick because it isn’t too impressive. But I failed Stopn Go too because I was pulling. For this trick you need to literally “strip” hard.

This is one of the most impressive tricks I know, it just has that magical look to it that always brings a smile to someone’s face.

First up, you need a responsive yoyo. Throw a forward sleeper and go into a Braintwister mount.

Bring your hands together and tug - catch the yoyo.

Keep your freehand still where it is, and give a sharp pull down with your throwhand to set the yoyo spinning.

Pull VERY HARD for your first try and make sure your string is good. Also a more beginner yoyo would help for that trick but if you really cant get it, move on to another trick because you never really use stop n go.

There are variations of the stop and go that can be done using unresponsive yoyos, but the one distinctively known as stop and go is difficult to do without the yoyo being tug responsive. If you’re someone that is into modern yoyoing with unresponsive throws it is generally not a trick that is core or necessary for furthering your skill in unresponsive play, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much if it takes you a while to get the hang of.

If you’re someone that is into modern yoyoing with unresponsive throws it is generally not a trick that is core or necessary for furthering your skill in unresponsive play, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much if it takes you a while to get the hang of.

-Mi

Yes, I would agree with what Mi just said.