im a beginner i started yesturday i need help please

i have a duncan metal drifter an everytime i try to bind it always gets tangled up any suggestions an when i do the stop an go it never wants to come up when i tug with both hands

For your stop and go problem; you need to have a RESPONSIVE yoyo for it to work. So if you are trying to do it with a speed bearing, it just isn’t going to happen. For your binding problem, are you trying to do it the easy way (braintwister mount) or the harder way? If your doing the easy way, you tend to get knots alot more often. So I’d recommend learning the harder way if your not trying already. :wink: Remember: Binding takes some practice to master. So just be patient, you’ll get it eventually if you practice enough. It is normal to get knots trying to learn it.

Keep practicing, and happy throwing! ;D

haha thank u…is the metal drifter unresponsive? an the way i do the bind is from the break away an land it on the string an take my non throw hand an kinda loop it around the yoyo an pull with my throw hand is that right?

I don’t have a drifter, but “out of the box” it is responsive; or at least, it should be. So you shouldn’t even have to bind to get it back to your hand. To make it unresponsive, you have to buy either an “A” sized centertrac bearing, or a KonKave bearing. Your way of binding from trapeze and “looping” it is a good way to bind. Just keep practicing :wink:

ok thanks buddy…like if i do a sleeper i have to tug real hard for it to come up it seems like it wont come up til it catches ahold of a good bit of string

You dont need a new bearing for it to be unresponsive, if you want it to be unresponsive, then clean the bearing or just keep yoyoing until the bearing is broken in.

This is an incorrect statement. I can do Stop and Go on any yoyo. The trick is if it is an unresponsive throw you need to pinch the string, this causes the slack that is created when getting ready to tug up for the stop and go to gather up in the gap and lets you bind. Augie’s Take 2 video on youtube has him doing it up his arm as well. It isn’t as EASY doing it unresponsive but it can be done.

1 Like

not sure about the trapeze bind as the trapeze is basically a brain twister mount when it comes to the yoyo’s rotation

but if he can do a trapeze, he should be able to do a front style proper bind as it’s basically the same move, only front style and the yoyo rotating in the right direction.

my 8yo son learned front style “proper” bind in a few hours, it’s really not that hard, just remember

pull the yoyo upwards with the throw hand, then pull the string in your body’s direction with the non throw hand, if you’re properly aligned and if you time it right enough, it should put you in the mount, allowing to perform a proper bind. the side style simple bind is a bit harder (reverse trapeze ? when you go under your throw hand, catch the string from below etc…)

you will get knots at first, do NOT open your yoyo, better find something like a toothpick (wood or plastic, not metal) and use it to pull your knots out, this way you shouldn’t have to open your yoyo (just in case you didn’t know)

oh, and don’t throw a trapeze unless you’re AT LEAST 90% sure that your bind went well, in any ways, anticipate the knot somehow

about the bearings, I don’t really know about this particular yoyo, but in general you don’t need a concave (KK etc…) bearing to make a yoyo unresponsive, I’d rather go with a clean bearing and some spacers. Now as said, I don’t know about the duncan metal drifter, so don’t quote me on this.