My favorite 2 photos

I gave my girl an IPad(11 Pro) when I got a 12.9. I erased most everything on it so it could be ‘hers’. But I had so many varied pics in the image folder, my girl said just leave them.

So…… I’m going through hundreds of images and stumble upon my 2 favorites.

The first one is an actual Historical image. It shows me and my girl when we first came out to California via covered wagon. I was told Cali was the best place to find Gold and yo-yo mines.

I was right in the middle of a card game, trying to make some money to buy a few yo-yos when the Sheriffs’ wife snapped an image of me, thinking I looked like somebody on a Wanted poster.

A few decades later, I was attending a Yo-yo related event in Hollywood. I sat down with some friends that I’m sure none of you guys have ever seen before. They just all came out of nowhere and accidentally happened to be in town the exact same day as the Event.

I was the only guy in that pic, close to yo-yo skill free. But all being friends, it didn’t really matter because we were hungry.

I will introduce these unknown folks to you from left/clockwise: Gabe Lozano, Tyler Severance, my favorite person/Paul Escolar, Stu-pendous, Yoshi Mikimoto, Me, Nathan Crissey and Mark McBride. Simply my favorite yo-yo related image.

R.I.P. Paul Escolar a genuine part of any Yo-yo Legends list.

25 Likes

So much skill (yes even you Mo, mods like yours take tremendous skill) captured in that second pic; it’s a really great snapshot of the 2010-ish and earlier era.

I think everybody pictured (sans Paul, RIP) is still involved with yoyoing in one way or another too a decade later.

2 Likes