Time machine

Nothings amazing here. I just found something and ed between two large books on the bookshelf. I put it there and then totally forgot about it, lol… until I found it tonight.

Years ago, there was a hot site called Snap fish. They would send me offers about photos on mugs or shorts or hats, or whatever.**

In 2007, I had them make me a Calendar from some images stored on their site.

Good memories for me including a few yoyo related things like a ROLLERSNAKE and a very polished Xcon and a cool freehand sidecaps my Original DXL leader(Brian Cabildo) made up for me, a cool looking Motu and a bike I built decades before I bought my first yoyo.

Honestly not surprising that my Harley ‘modding’ eventually led to my yoyo modding.

That one image of the yo-yo sitting in the cuttings was made using an extremely shaved down glow in the dark Freehand and mated to some salvaged Xcon Rings.

The old western era image was the result of my girl and I walking around Shoreline Village in San Diego. We were walking by a Shop that does Period settings. The guy literally ran out of his Shop and grabbed me by the arm. He said, ‘You my man are a ‘Ringer’. I’ve been doing this for years and I got your number. It’s like you stepped out of a time tunnel. Your stare, your fancy goatee, that big gold ring and your doll of a girl. I will shoot you both for free.

The next thing you know, my girl and I are in the shop getting dressed up like we came out of the Wild West, lol.

I thought the guy was totally full of something, haha. But let’s see what happens.

When he developed the image he said OMG, I told you. I think you’ve lived before. This image proves it.

My girl and I both got a big laugh out of it. I honestly think it looks like ‘Old West era’.
I just wish we were sitting in front of a real bar that would have given the image a more Authentic look.

Anyway, here are the images… and yes, I can actually polish things made of metal,

12 Likes

That old west themed picture is AWESOME!!! And that goatee is SLICK!!!

It’s too bad I’m a brown dude with a baby face, and could NEVER pass for an old west cowboy, let alone grow ANYTHING that can be considered facial hair :smiling_face_with_tear: :joy:

(I’m an Indigenous Canadian , who is consistently mistaken for a 17 year old when I’m 30 :joy:)

2 Likes

OMG I remember Snapfish!

Awesome pics, and story!

Ivan