My Cap Painting Accident

So last night I was painting my caps from my modded F.A.S.T. 201. I was painting them sparkly gold, on the inside, leaving the rim clear. So I waited a couple hours, and I touched them. They seemed dry. But as always, I was wrong. The paint flew off the caps into the inside of the yoyo, and instead of 1 half being blue, and another being green, they now both looked like I had dumped them into the toilet right after I took a crap. So then I sealed the little holes where the starburst used to be with duct tape. Then I put some paint thinner in the hub of the yoyo, after removing the caps. Not a good idea. So the paint thinner starts piling out onto my feet when I pick the hub up, to go put it in water, and wash out the paint thinner. Since that happened, I dumped it in the trash can.

Painted F.A.S.T. 201 Cap Attempt:::::FAILED MISERABLY!

So. Now my F.A.S.T. 201 looks like I put a bunch of elmers in the hub of it, the caps look faintly brown, it smells like crap, and the yoyo looks like I stuck it in bleach.

Currently it plays like nothing happened, but looks like it.

Ugggggghh. That was so miserable!

PS: Please post if anything like this or any accidental, failed, mod ever happened to you!

Just as a general rule, you should let silicone and paint dry overnight, maybe even the next day to be safe.

Also, it sounds like you may have put the paint on too thick. Thin layers are what you want.

Yeah, I know what I did. This post was sussposed to show people what NOT to do.

And shows the consquences.

Ouch. yo-yo down! yo-yo down!

Exactly! The paint thinner dryed and is all crusty in the hub lol