My bearing stopped working

This has happened to me with two different yo-yos, a yo-yo factory “sage” and a “wedge”. The bearing is fine, but you’ve damaged the bearing seat and will have to buy another Yoyo. As someone else here said this often happens because you’ve tightened it too much. There’s is also a popular misconception about the tighten arrows which is that you’re supposed to tighten the Yoyo till the arrows match. This is wrong. You are supposed to tighten the Yoyo until it’s tight, but never go past the arrows, that means it often is tight enough before the arrows meet. I’d say buy another replay pro, it dings fine so you don’t have to worry about that. And follow my advice on the tightening. (I got it via merchandise correspondence).

Good luck
————-

My turn

Anyone know what string gentry stein used with the replay pro when he won nationals?

1 Like

I can’t say with 100% certainty, but, I seem to remember reading somewhere that he picked a Replay Pro from the YYF table, popped it out of the box, and put on a Kitty string

2 Likes

I heard the same thing. Which type though?

1 Like

Also I read that originally replay pros don’t come with CT bearings and he put one in the one he competed with. So that is another change he made if yours didn’t cone with a CT bearing.

It did… I just wonder about the string. Strings seem to change the entire feel of the Yoyo. And recently I have to replace my response pads but I don’t have his type. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m guessing vast majority of people here probably use kitty fat as their go to kitty thickness.

But for this particular case of what did Gentry use for Nats, without the actual answer available I am going to hazard a guess at Kitty regular.

The extra negligible amount of reduced string rub etc might have been needed to compete at the level he did on a plastic yoyo.

That’s just purely an educated guess by the way.

That’s assuming he even used kitties.

@Aiedail or @Durfee might know this as they are Gentry fans.

1 Like