My 1$ yoyo

Bring some to yoyo club on monday, I wanna try this xD

I landed brent stole on 1! And i can get through all of skin the gerbil, and also all of rewind on 1. They are great!

I can pretty much do everything on it. Though, the response mean you have to watch out for snagging! And thumb grinds hurt, haha

But yeah, I far exceeds my expectations!

But I do wonder why the manufacturer isn’t see the one tiny detail that could have made the yoyo a trillion times better, and possibly saved money… Making the hub and rim connected… Mines starting to untwist during play, haha

I used 4 of those paperclips (2 on each side) to make it heavier. It worked great! I tried to get them into the little lip, but they were hard to get in and they work just the same anyway. With the extra weight i can do rewind to skin the gerbil to buddhas revenge and still bind. I swear it spins longer than my ONE.

I added this mod to my website and shared it in the facebook group.  Best weight mod yet.

http://www.mryoyothrower.com/dollar-tree-yoyo.html

Wow thanks! Did you try it?

Not yet, I don’t have any paperclips. Tomorrow I shall poach some at work. One of the guys in the FB group tried it, turned it into a vibe monster. How was yours?

Are you saying the paper clip mod is trumping my copper wire?

Just as bad as it was before. Btw i put 2 paperclips on both sides.

It trumps your copper wire becuase you can’t usually get copper wire at the dollar store, and its definitely not as cheap as paperclips.

Btw the paperclips I used were the big ones from staples. After made circular, they fit almost perfectly in the little lip.

Its everywhere you look. Just yank some out of the wall!!

I just threw one of these, and I love it.

I AM SO HAPPY PEOPLE HAVE FOUND THESE!

I posted a similar yoyo which I am pretty sure is made by the same company, when I first joined here. After playing with it for a while I decided to move to a DM2! Whoever the guy was that said this is going to take away from yoyo manufacturers understand this yoyo made me go buy a better yoyo. And in fact, I bet it only costs pennies to make any of these yoyo’s for sale on this web site (CLYW i noticed is particularly expensive). I am kinda wondering how much money these companies really are making off of us!

I CALL FOR ALL YOYO MANUFACTURERS TO LOWER THEIR PRICES! WE NEED A PRO TO GO WIN A TOURNEY WITH ONE OF THESE THINGS!

Ok, maybe I got a little carried away…

Definitely. Premium metal, absurdly precise machining, advanced anodizing, quality bearings, blasting s, and prototyping… Yeah. Definitely just a few cents.

(Sarcasm)

:smiley:

hey man at least this is a cheap hobby. Compare it to people who collect pinball machines. They cost like $1,500 each, so I think that it is not that bad. Take into account people need to survive by selling yoyos lol. But I feel you bro I wish they could be cheaper so I could buy MORE AND MORE!! haha :wink:

^^^

Plus, see how many pinball machines you can carry in your pocket.

Your giving them way toooooo much credit. A few cents was sarcasm as well, but I’m sure aluminum and steel aren’t that expensive. Prototyping would probably be the most expensive part of the process, but with CNC machines doing all the work, I’m really sure it isn’t that expensive to make a yoyo. I am however a firm believer of supply and demand and really don’t mind paying. Thats why I bought one :slight_smile:

I will say that yo-yoing is wayyyy cooler than pinball, by far, and I def wouldn’t want to carry any of those around, plus I would really cry hard if it ever got a ding.

I agree, although playing pinball is really fun from time to time. Especially competing with friends. I only know cause my step father collects them. He now has 7 and he is getting another one next summer. But yoyoing is way better for a lot of reasons, so I think I will never switch to pinball lol. And you won’t ding it because you do not throw pinball machines around on a string :wink: lol