$1 Dollar YoYo Vs $1000 Dollar YoYo | Does Price Really Matter?

I started a new series where I am going to be comparing different yoyos at different prices, to my $1000 anglam zero apogee. Lets start off at 1 dollar :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Itā€™s all in the hands.

9 Likes

You canā€™t do much with a dollar though haha

4 Likes

Have you tried a moth yet? @pyrotechnic mods the dollar store throws to have a sili recess and c bearing. They play light but are surprisingly good.

5 Likes

Oh really? How much does he charge to mod one?

2 Likes

There is a difference thoughā€¦. In getting a $1 yo-yo and having it modded.

You buy a houseā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ you do some modding to the house to make it better.

You buy a carā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦and you make some mods to the car to make it better.

You buy a $1 yo-yoā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. And then, pay to get it modded?

Nahā€¦ā€¦You buy a $1 yo-yo and you put it your car.

You drive your car and park it in the driveway of your house.

You get out of your car and take the $1 yo-yo into the house and throw it for 5 minutes.

Thenā€¦ā€¦ you decide to go for a drive in search of a real yo-yo.

You get your $1 yo-yo and you put it snugly behind your car tire.

Then you get in your car and back over the $1 yo-yo.

The smile that ā€˜Crunching soundā€™ will put on your face is a dollar well spent.

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Doc Pop could, so could Paul, Iā€™m complete sure Deth or even Save would show you a few somethings. Me, Iā€™m not that good, but I know some guysā€¦ā€¦.
Itā€™s all in the hands.
Iā€™ve said it once Iā€™ve said it a million times.

4 Likes

Id like to try one that was modified

Have a few available now.

8 Likes

How much

They are $15 each and shipping is $6 for first class and $10 for priority, contact me for international prices.

2 Likes

uh, neither of those guys used a $1 yoyo with no bearing tho.
They used responsive yoyos, yes, but bearingized ones.

You can do a lot of things with fixed axles (believe me, i know), but you canā€™t really say ā€œitā€™s all in the handsā€ expecting that to give impossible capabilities to a yoyo that has no way to truly spin.

6 Likes

Comparisons of high cost yo-yos have been made to $15 dollar ones, and THEN it gets tricky. You will find players who prefer the play of a $15 MYY node to an expensive bi-metal or titanium in some cases.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried the node yet. Must be a good throw

Yeah this is very true! I have a few responsive yoyos that I can do a ton of great tricks onā€¦ Just not one that costs $1. Even the slightest tug causes it to come shooting back and just doing a trapeze slows the yoyo a ton

I just used a readily available inexpensive yo-yo as an example, one of many very good inexpensive ones.

1 Like

The anglam zero apogee is a special yoyo I must say. The power is just stupid and it feels toooooooo light to have that much power. Almost doesnā€™t make sense

For me personally, there are some generalized brackets that throws often fall into relating to minimum performance and average quality. These are SUPER GENERALIZED so YMMV:

$0-5
$10-25
$25-45
$50-100
$100-170

Of course many factors play into it such as the designer, machining, and many other elements. Similar to cars, a 100k vehicle will have some standardized expectations of quality that donā€™t extend to a 17k car. At the same there are standouts in each group and PLENTY that ā€œpunch above the price.ā€ Some inexpensive cars have super premium features and some luxury vehicles have inexpensive trim and build quality.

Finding shapes and weights that resonate with you as a player are generally more important than the specific price tag. Much like spending a ton for lunch everyday or other luxuries; if you can afford to do it great! If not, there are plenty of other options that will get you there.

4 Likes

Exactly! Great post