My 1$ yoyo

I’m only talking about the ring on the rim.

But how do you get the silicone in the little ring?

Just bought 8. Insert “A” sized center trac… Completely unresponsive and returns with a bind. Landing a Brent stole on a dollar yoyo, priceless.

Use modeling clay. It’s denser and heavier. Some can be baked, so that should keep it in place permanently.

But if you want to use play dough, yes, let it dry out first.

Join The Insanity…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212139612292104/213737235465675/?comment_id=213738045465594&notif_t=like

Now I just need to make it not eat the string in between the goofy SPR like things and the bearing.

If you thought thumb grinds were bad on an RSL or BBYY.

Haha, I couldn’t resist XD

It’s pretty weird though. I mean, it’s a dollar so it’s pretty crappy, but hey… For a buck not bad XD

Yea that does look pretty crappy leg

Yeah. Mine even had pre-installed scratches, and serious ano flaws! wow!

Haha. But hey, IMO it’s beats the butterfly

Mine has massive gouges just outside the “bearing seat”. I do enjoy it.

If you switched out the bearing, it is a tad smaller and leaves room for the string to get in there. You may want to try taking a pair of pliers to tighten the plastic hubs, or switch back to the original bearing, lube it, sand down the starburst response a bit, and play it that way instead. The string eating problem will not happen with the original bearing.

I went back to the original and it is still eating the string… I will crack this nut, no matter how tough.

At first I laughed at “good for beginner to advanced tricks!”…

Then I landed a Brent stole… Well… It’s not a lie

You might have a defective $1 yo-yo…return it! :smiley:

No doubt I fully agree with you. But I wouldn’t drag it all the way back to the Store. I would mail it back by priority with insurance/tracking. And I would throw in a few bucks for handling and processing the return.

And I would brace myself for sad tidings in case tragedy struck and the package got lost in transit.

Or just put it up on the BST. State that it is almost minty mint. And except for the damage it is good as New. And I would say I really bonded with this yo-yo and it will be very hard to get off me. Offer big.

4 Likes

Trading for Japanese yoyos only. Maybe multiple CLYW or titaniums.

Yeti only…don’t settle for less. :wink:

Not just first run but first yeti ever…

Just to say, I “modded” my throw which cut down on some vibe (I think).

What I did was put hot glue in one of the bolts, then quickly screw it in. It seemed to help a bit, but it’s still a $1 yoyo, haha

I decided this phenomenon needed blogging about.

http://www.mryoyothrower.com/blog.html