My 1$ yoyo

I would think trying to evenly pack modeling clay into the folded rim lip and then backing it might be a good idea.

Backing it?

So when will Dollar Tree start sponsoring us??

1 Like

I checked my Dollar Tree. They didn’t have them. :’(

Sorry :frowning: They are super good for the price. Right now i think mine is better than my yyf one…

It took me four different dollar trees to find one that carried them. I just got them about an hour ago. It’s pretty funny that the packaging says “aluminum body”.

The closest one to me had like 20.
I bought 11 xD
I posted some pics on my instagram @cyanight7 if u wanna follow me or somethin :smiley:

Ok i counted my mom got me 14, but she saud that i could only have 2 now and the rest in my christmas stocking :frowning: oh well. I hope its still big then!

Weight rings, side effects and powder coat.

1 Like

I can send you one, cheapest way possible, no tracking. Funny thing is, this thing costs only .10 more than tracking, which isn’t even tangible. :smiley: PM me your address if you want one, I’ll throw it in the mail tomorrow for you to try it. I’ll put a layer of bubble wrap around it, put it in an envelope, and hope for the best. :wink: It has that “aluminum body” and vibes already…so it should be fine. I’ll even stamp it “fragile.” Haha!

Mullicabob, how much is that copper worth? Can I find rubber rings at the hardware store, or will that cost me more than a few bucks? I’m curious about that option, so I can mod mine to add weight, but also remove them to have that original Dollar Tree light feel when I’m in the mood. I want my modded Dollar Tree to be versatile, without switching from one dollar throw to a second one. I want one versatile yo-yo…like the original DiBase. :smiley:

1 Like

The copper wire I used is from a romex 12-2 wire. Typically used in house hold wiring. I of course am a “Jack of all trades” and have some here. I would see if you can find some laying around actually. You dont want to purchase a whole roll just for a few inches. If you see an electrician you could ask him for a scrap piece. They always have some laying around.

I soldered mine in just to make sure it stayed in place. It will however stay in just fine without the solder. Make sure you make the ring as straight as possible. It almost “clicks” into place when layed in there and then pushed a little further with some needle nose pliers.

1 Like

I tried putting play dough in the fold of the inner ring to add weight. It worked great and spun much longer, until it got released and started shooting out in little bits. I have a ton more play dough, so how should i do it to keep it in? Should i, like, pack it in, wait for it to dry out or something, then try? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’d try clay, orrrrr put a piece of paper cut in a circle to keep it in. (Like a paper cap)

You could always use silicon or better yet flowable. Fill it up evenly and allow to dry. Should work out fine.

Thats what i was thinking! I just dont wanna wastle all my permatex flowable… Ill probably go to the hardware store and get some gasket maker or something.

The flowable is nice due to the fact you won’t have air bubbles and it lays out even. Just something to think about.

I believe u wouldn’t be able to take it apart though.

Take what apart?

1 Like

If you fill it with silicone and it dries, you wouldn’t be able to take apart the yoyo because of the plastic hub things, would you?

I bought 22 of them at my local Dollar Tree today. I teach 2nd grade at a high poverty school and most of the kids can’t afford the yoyo’s that are for sale from “Ned the Yoyo Guy” who comes to our school and puts on an assembly. This will be a great gift for them. I played one and it’s actually not half bad, especially for the price!

3 Likes