MVP Yoyo cuting strings

Hey guys I have a problema with my MVP Yoyo. For context I bought the yoyo new ruffly I year ago I played with it for a bit but it wasn’t my main yoyo for that duration of a time so it didn’t seem much play time maybe a 2 3 hours for this time period. My main yoyo was an original edge that I gifted to someone this Christmas. So lately my MVP got a lot of play. 3 weeks ago I was listening to an audiobook on YouTube that was quite long and decided to play my MVP. After let’s say one and a half max 2 hours of continuous play I saw that the yoyo was starting to cut the string. After that I replaced the string and played with it again and noticed the same thing. After that I tried to rub the yoyo on some old jeans because I understand this can be a solution but it didn’t work. Did this happened to anyone else? And if so is there a easy fix I can try that does not involve being crafty or having any special tools ? Thank you for your help guys

Hi Radu,

Is this the old MVP from Yoyofactory (the first release)? I remember that was a sort of issue that happened to quite a bit of people time ago, it’s cause the wall edges close the bearing which are not " super smooth" enough, it happened also with other yoyos from other brands back then, if you want to keep using it regularly just keep an eye so you don’t risk to break the string, as said this happened also with other yoyos, is not your fault is a “defect” in the design I would say, which version do you have?

1 Like

The jeans method is more subtle. I’ve read suggestions before of literally sanding down the edge. I’m sure it works, but personally I’m a little wary of sanding down anodization / paint due to aesthetic concerns.

1 Like

It’s the latest MVP 3

I think this is the only way if it’s cutting the string to sand a bit down the edges the risk is also introduce vibes if not done correctly but I can understand the frustration of have the strings destroyed in matter of hours