Musicians Assemble!

Since stickers and guitars came up I thought I’d share mine. It’s an Ibanez SZ320, which is super inspired by a PRS. Scale is 25.1” because why not.

3 Likes

I used to play tuba in HS band, now I don’t have one…

1 Like

I play guitar and trombone in a couple projects. Here’s a song from my main project

Here’s my axe as well, a 1982 Fender Bullet with a solid metal pickguard with integrated hardtail bridge (the light blue one). Weird stuff.

3 Likes

Finally took the time to pull mine out for a photo shoot, and to spend some quality time together. Man, I’m out of practice. But tbh, I’m not as bad as I thought I’d be, I still remember a lot of it, just fingers aren’t as fast anymore from not practicing. Anyway, time to show off:

This is my baby, my pride and joy. Her name is Christine. From Phantom of the Opera, if you’re wondering. Ibanez Fat Strat that my parents got me in 8th grade. Geez, I’ve had this guitar since like 2006, it’s practically vintage now. It’s not a high-end model, just a $200 starter, but it has the best feel of any guitar I’ve ever played. A few years ago I put around $300 into it to replace all the pickups and wiring, so now I’m rocking humbuckers on all three pickups, with the neck and mid being blades so it’s got a wide range of really interesting tones. Also got it professionally set up which made a bigger difference than I was expecting. I’m so proud of this guitar, it plays like a high-end guitar now after the upgrades.

And a couple other favorites:

Left: Ibanez bass. Again, just a starter model, nothing super amazing, but I love it. My dad bought it from a friend of mine who went into the Marines, then my dad gave it to me so it’s got a sentimental value.

Top right: Hilo tenor ukulele I got in Hawaii. I wasn’t gonna be one of those tourists who comes back with a $10 piece of junk. I like to bring this out at Christmas to play carols because they sound so fun and different on a ukulele. “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” is a particularly fun one, if any uke owners want to try it. Just play it like the bottom four strings of a guitar and you can use guitar chord charts.

Bottom right: definitely the guitar that’s worth the most in my collection. A friend of mine buys/sells/trades instruments and sound gear regularly since he works in sound and lighting for concerts and stuff. He got this guitar in a trade, and he knew how much I love Ibanez so he literally just gave it to me. We weren’t even that close of friends, he just came up to me and was like “Hey come to my car, I’ve got something for you.” Such a cool dude. Anyway, it’s a Ibanez Roadstar II, from sometime in the early 80s if I recall correctly. I remember I looked it up when he gave it to me, I just can’t remember the exact details.

2 Likes

Did something ridiculous today lol #jasonbeckerchallenge

4 Likes

It’s \m/a

1 Like

Anyone play something that doesn’t have strings?

2 Likes

Yeah, video games, board games, I play all kinds of things. But for a less smart—- answer, op plays drums as did a few others, also there was some woodwind and brass folk in here as well. Me? I’m just here to look pretty, and it ain’t going well.

2 Likes

I don’t play so much anymore, but here’s my baby. Cherry burst Gilmore Hummer, made by my old local music shop where I used to spend lots of my free time. I went there one day to buy strings and left with the prettiest Les Paul knock off I’ve ever laid eyes on! To be honest I was never a fan of Les Pauls until
I found this one. (sorry for the blurry pic)

2 Likes

I play the piano.

not that good

nuff said

2 Likes

I’m a singer (both choral and regular music) and a piano player. Played the piano for quite a few years and just love to challenge myself with difficult as hell songs. For singing I focus a lot of head voice and falsetto and am currently trying to hit the sixth octave consistently

1 Like

No strings here

the Wurlitzer 200A

5 Likes

Kind of peripheral to this discussion, but one of my absolute favorite drummers is Brann Dailor of Mastodon. The dude is a jazz/metal fusion MACHINE. He actually plays like this too, this isn’t just all production. One of his best pieces is here:

I freaking love old school Mastodon. In fact, this whole album is freaking perfect. The drums are like the soul of this music.

3 Likes

Came across something from a band I was in when I was 18 and we recorded this at the guitarist’s house (warning: its pretty awful lol)

2 Likes

play bass in a two piece right now. peep our demo.

1 Like

Drummer here.

I’ve one cover on youtube which I did quite some time ago, and I’m thinking of making another one soonish
Taking it easy now on the music side as school and other stuff really eats away at my time, but I try to play often to keep up with technique.

I also dabbled into bass, so much so that I played on this record but have since focused more on drums, and I play guitar now and then.

2 Likes

Winter of 2016

2 Likes

Nice stuff guys. I pretty much just play my stereo, I’m just that musically gifted. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

lol yes

Here are various riffs and solos from Ghost. Super fun to play.

1 Like