Music For Yoyoing Competitions and Videos

You don’t have to do what other players do make up your own stuff :wink: imagine how boring it would be if all the players did the same tricks :-/

I think I’ve made my position on that topic regarding myself very clear. That ain’t my thing, and it never will be. I’m very much a “behind the scenes” kind of person. Although, mixing at the FOH position, I’m certainly not actually BEHIND the scenes, but rather pushing the whole show. But the emphasis is on what’s ON the stage, not on me.

People can ask, beg and plead all they want. I ain’t doing videos. It was too much of a hassle doing the photo for my ForumXpert profile.

True. We should all know a large number of the same tricks though so we have the fundamentals, tools and building blocks to start from. No two people will handle the knowledge the same way, which leads to the nearly infinite creation of tricks we’ve been fortunate to see created.

I am going to start competing soon as well, and I will be using Loud Pipes by Ratatat for a slower performance.

Don’t you lose points for lack of speed I’ve seen many great players lose because of that

It’s not about winning. Remember Jensen Kimmit’s 2011 freestyle? Wasn’t super fast, and he ended the freestyle short of the time requirement. He only got 9th place, but his was the most memorable freestyle of the whole WYYC.

Competitors are only fast mainly because it allows them to rack in more points in that limited time [in this case, either 1 or 3 minutes]
They don’t lose points for not being fast.