Music Challenge

I have found something very fun to do in yoyoing. I would like to see how everyone else does with it.

I am trying to yoyo to very soft-beat music or music that is really hard to yoyo to. For example, I am using “Let it Go” by Idina Menzel from the Frozen Movie at a Talent Show in about a month. Other hard songs would be music like that from Disney Movies. That is where I am getting my music from now.

Has anyone else ever tried this? I find in fun and amusing due to it being a little bit of a challenge. I may post a video of my freestyle from the Talent Show afterwards if anyone wants to see it.

Bet you can’t do this one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75CcFcwdaKs

Slow down when the music is slow, speed up when the music is fast, be dramatic when the music is dramatic, etc. I do this all the time to background music in commercials.

For me soft, slow music is the easiest. IMO good yo-yoing doesn’t come from speed, drama, or flash, which goes along faster paced music, good yo-yoing goes along with rhythmic, slow, and chill music. A good example is Only Swerving, which actually Guy Wright used in a juggling video.

As one of those fast asian aggressive player, I can’t. I am also using Krewella - Live For The Night (Pegboard Nerds Remix) for talent show competing for 1000 dollars. :smiley:

Ah, my style is lots of tech and flow (at least I try to make it that) which involves tricks that can easily be paced to music. I’m no crazy fast Japanese boy as mentioned above. I avoid brostep (what many people incorrectly name dubstep which is unbelievable different) aka that speedy noisy Skrillex stuff. Check out what I plan to use for my next contest:

Trust Me - by The Fray

Kind of the opposite for me. I have to have some sort of flow in my tricks, and I find it really convenient when the music is peaceful and kind of normal pace. With fast music it is hard to yoyo to it, since I have to go to a higher speed, but it varies with what I feel like doing.