This is a design that I’ve been playing with for some time. I first made it out of mahogany, which looked gorgeous, but that yo-yo was doomed because my axle inserts failed. After that setback, I decided I’d take the design to delrin to change things up.
69g (CAD Estimate)
This is by far the best playing yo-yo I have made to date. The weight distribution is exactly what you would want it to be. It plays smooth even though I made a slight mistake on the bearing seat on one half. Hopefully, if I don’t make any mistakes on future models they might even play as smooth as current metal yo-yos. I’m exited to have gotten my production quality up to this point and I can’t put this yo-yo down. Now it just needs a name.
I have also read all of your requests for grooved fixed axle sleeves. If everything goes as planned. I should have some for sale in this coming week.