Mrcnja's Mods

DITTO

Or you could just pop out the cage and balls from a broken 8 ball bearing, and you get a metal fixed axle sleeveā€¦

Those wood FHZ caps look really niceā€¦ I have an MG that might like a pair of those at some pointā€¦

Thatā€™s amazing!!

YES. sell grooved wooden sleeves. Please.

This is a design that Iā€™ve been playing with for some time. I first made it out of mahogany, which looked gorgeous, but that yo-yo was doomed because my axle inserts failed. After that setback, I decided Iā€™d take the design to delrin to change things up.

Specs:
56mm Diameter
44mm Width
4.0mm Gap
69g (CAD Estimate)

This is by far the best playing yo-yo I have made to date. The weight distribution is exactly what you would want it to be. It plays smooth even though I made a slight mistake on the bearing seat on one half. Hopefully, if I donā€™t make any mistakes on future models they might even play as smooth as current metal yo-yos. Iā€™m exited to have gotten my production quality up to this point and I canā€™t put this yo-yo down. Now it just needs a name.

I have also read all of your requests for grooved fixed axle sleeves. If everything goes as planned. I should have some for sale in this coming week.

Would you accept trades on that beautiful delrin throw?

how much would you charge to silicone reccess a FHZ?

I made some grooved axle sleeves and, while they take more work to make, they feel more like a traditional fixed axle.

ā€¦and guess what, I have a few things for sale.

Yes, just about all of my work is on offer for the right price. PM me some offers and we can talk.

$10 (include shipping)

Iā€™ve had this yo-yo sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks now, but with lots of things going on I am just now getting around to posting about it.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8339/8242058773_bc9a5ef6a5_z.jpg

Material: Mahogany
Diameter 55.6mm
Width: 44mm
Gap: 4mm
Weight: 66-68g (CAD estimate)

The solid body brings the weight up to a playable level, but it has a few issues. A large portion of it is center weight, which means that it does not increase angular momentum and stability as much as rim weight does. Obviously, this means that it sleeps a little shorter than similarly weighted yo-yos. It also introduced a curious issue that I had not considered before. This yo-yo is fickle about how you throw it. On a good throw it plays smoothly without any issue. On a bad throw it has an ever increasing wobble.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8242059281_fa081413f9_z.jpg

This development process has definitely been an interesting journey so far. I am currently working on fixing the final issues that I am having. To do that, letā€™s just say that I have some new raw material being shipped to me, a material that I have not worked with too much yet. Stay tunedā€¦

2 Likes

Keeping with the same shape that Iā€™ve been playing with for some time, I present this yo-yo design.

It looks similar to all the other stuff Iā€™ve done, so what makes it special? It has been redesigned, reimagined, and recycled. The shape is really the only similarity.

There is a new SPR that replaces my old bearing seat and response. This addresses issues in bearing seat durability and play between the halves when tightened. This yo-yo feels like an aluminum yo-yo when you screw it together.

In terms of weight, this design features aluminum weight rings that fixes weight distribution issues and add to the aesthetics of this design.

Iā€™ll close this post with a nice group shot that shows some of the wood Iā€™ve been working with lately. Padauk is on the left and Mahogany is on the right.

Wow those look great is there any way you could make a video of you making one?

Any way of buying one? It looks amazing

Seconded. They just keep getting better and better.

Or trade? I have some trades Iā€™d consider.
Seriously, Iā€™m very interested in the darker one.

How does it play? I wantā€¦ What would I need to trade for it?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUqOeoFs9fjWUeg81g9jgQ_5JAkYRwjC6YVjIHz472GMIQkT8pcjOrcg2E

Seriously, how much do you want for one of these?

The hub looks Agape-y.

Iā€™ll take twenty.

Those really look great. Nice work.