Mrcnja's Mods

A bit off topic, but is it possible to make a delrin-wood yoyo?

Pretty sick stuff

These are both absolutely beautiful. I just fell in love

Beast! Awesome!

Those look beautiful! Can you do hub mods yet on metals?

I hope he can ;D

Put me down for buying one!

It would be long and not especially interesting so I donā€™t know if I will. I Have thought about streaming a video feed when Iā€™m modding as well as showing the intermediate stages of a yo-yo as it is being completed.

I hadnā€™t even noticed that until now, but it is a nice and simple hub design that gets the job done.

I havenā€™t done any hub mods simply because I havenā€™t needed to. I understand the design behind the mod, but I donā€™t have any special experience with it.

Many thanks, youā€™re comments are greatly appreciated.

Once I get a number of them made, I will start selling them. I am not going to do any presales for my own mental health and stress levels.

Any idea on a price range for one of those?

I would think that somewhere in the $75-100 range would be pretty fair. Jamboos retailed for $75 while receiving poor reviews for their bearing seat and axle design as well as not being finished very well.

What do you think?

I think a full hundred might be a bit high for a wooden throw, but 75-90 seems fine.

I wasnt expecting that high a price tag. I was thinking it would be around $40-60 would be fair for a wood. Jamboos looked cool but didnā€™t perform well and have very little value anymore.

keep in mind that these arenā€™t factory made.

Thatā€™s very true and Iā€™m sure that it takes time and precision to make each of these but $75 for a wooden yoyo seems like a bit too much. I think they look amazing and probably play great, but I think many would agree that the $75-100 price tag would be kinda high. My 2cents

75 80 would prob be fair depending on time it takes for each piece to be finished top to bottom. Between parts,labor,time,and shipping the money adds up quick.

Remember that these are hand made, and that itā€™s very hard to get wood to be consistent.

I think $90 would be fair. Just because itā€™s wood doesnā€™t mean it should necessarily be a less expensive product.

I really like the way this thing looks.

to be in the 75 to 100 range I think they would have to play VERY good. I understand they are hand made one off type pieces, but the price difference between a 100 bucks and the typical 35-50 for a TMBR of great wooden quality, can be a little hard to swallow. I think around 60 would be a sweet spot for these and about what I would be comfortable paying.

1 Like

I think a review from yoyo skills or maybe sniffy would be a great help and a way to base the price.

If it performs well who cares how much it cost :slight_smile: