Most Under Rated Yoyo Brands

Title says it all, I would love to know your most under rated Yoyo Brands in your opinion. Mine is absolutely Reticulated Return Tops, I’m such a huge fan and love my collection. I feel the colorways are beautiful, some of the best in my opinion. I feel the whole unboxing experience Neil provides is incredible, a bag, stickers and a custom string. His bearings are next level and spin forever. Neil makes small batches so it’s not like his throws are readily available. I own MFD and CLYW and Neils quality is right up there and he’s also out of CO in the US. He’s got grind finishes and the whole nine yards in my opinion. Excited to grow my collection and support his cause. Let’s here what you like!

8 Likes

I rarely see Polyform get talked about which is a crime. For more modern stuff they’re absolutely fantastic - they’ve made some banger throws (not surprising tho since Jeffrey Pang designs and runs everything) and they should def be talked about more. General Yo is another one that’s gotta be mentioned… if you’re looking for more classic, old to mid school designs and also refreshing, updated takes on those types of designs, look no further. Very few yoyo companies have been around as long as General Yo and still make bangers but Ernie definitely knows how to design a great yoyo. Take the Hatrick 2 for example - I challenge you to find a better mid-size, organic, bimetal yoyo than that… it’s just sublime. And lastly, as far as up and comers go, I can say for certain no one puts in the time, thought and care that @suspense puts into Dreamcraft releases - I’m lucky to know him personally and have witnessed firsthand that every little detail of every aspect of both the yoyos and brand as a whole matters to him very deeply. You can see this in the end product. And aesthetically, no one is touching what he’s doing as far as branding goes either. Lots of stuff to be excited about from the smaller companies.

14 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of their release posts and there’s not always that much interaction with them or hype that I’ve witnessed, kind of floating under the radar at times, but I’ve loved every Good Life throw I’ve gotten my hands on. A lot of them feel unique and different from each other which is awesome, and each one has been surprisingly and refreshingly fun every time I pick one up.

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same exact thoughts about general yo this past year. I got my hatrick 2 and torrent 2 and they’ve become two of my favorites that I will never get rid of I throw them both everyday, not to mention the new run of mini star 2’s which I also picked up. Plus the legato 2 and atonement I haven’t thrown those but I think I’ll get the legato at some point. Anyway everytime I come across one of those when I’m browsing thru yoyosxpert i just ask myself how are these still here? It’s crazy that nobody talks about any of them except you and I basically lol

6 Likes

Well… you, me, and @kretzschmar :heart:

lol

But forreal tho they do get a decent amount of love at DXL, since they’re SoCal based.

3 Likes

July yoyo makes some really solid stuff but most of it doesn’t make it to US retailers

5 Likes

Magicyoyo probably like they make dirt cheap yo-yos that play very well but because they’re so cheap, ppl often talk about them like they’re not very good but uh nah, they got good yo-yos.

11 Likes

I feel that Gway and Good Life don’t often get the love they deserve…

4 Likes

I only going by one yoyo, but I have to say Zeekio.

I have a Slim Jim from them and I LOVE IT. Its bordering on being my favorite yoyo that I own, but its so hard to choose just 1 :laughing:.

4 Likes

This is fact!

3 Likes

I freaking love me some General yo. I am in the lookout for a 5 star or Hatrick. If you see one, hit me up homie.

4 Likes

:pray: thank you spence :heart:

1 Like

44 RPM

3 Likes

Retic return tops was what I was thinking when I read the title to this thread. I absolutely agree. I’ve got 4 of them. The Death Adder v2 is probably my favorite, followed very closely by the Copperhead.
Really great throws and completely underrated. Totally agree with you.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

4 Likes

Drew’s been busy with his zoetrope albums. He’s been hired by the best in the business from nightmare before Christmas to The Rolling Stones. Busy busy busy that guy.

1 Like

Smashing Yo-yos for me. I’ve only tried two of their throws, the Interlagos and Float but both are incredible. The Interlagos is distinctive and a fast, compact, stable mid-sized throw while the Float feels like a cloud while having better spin time than some bimetals I’ve tried. Plus I’m always happy to support the UK scene.

4 Likes

Ace Yo for me. Barely see any of it, besides the ace of aces x. I love the cheap bimetals and the extremely cheap comp monometals.

4 Likes

I think werrd. They kinda disappeared. And the beefcake! I love the groovy, probably because it reminds me of One Drop. Anyway Strayla!

Werrd returned for last year’s worlds with some new releases. idk what they’ve done since then tho

1 Like