Most Stylish Players

Yo wassup y’all. I’ve been trying to educate myself on all the great players but I have a ton of catching up to do…I’ve been drawn to the players with unique or just fun styles from all eras. Here are a few examples of players that had me pausing in awe of their tricks and style—
Chris Makita
Augie Fash
Riccardo Fraolini

Please help educate me and share some of the players y’all think emphasize style. I saw a list in the forum graveyard with all the legends of yo, but it was very long and hard for me to figure out where to start. I’m mostly focused on 1A for now, but only because it’s early in my yoyo journey and I don’t want to overwhelm myself with vids to watch yet.

8 Likes

Guy wrights videos are all old but still insane tricks and flow

5 Likes

I always liked Doc Pop’s style. Some of his earliest videos were some of the first I saw of advanced level string tricks you wouldn’t see in a yoyo book or magazine.

9 Likes

Polo Garbkamol
Jensen Kimmitt
Charles Haycock

7 Likes

Junyi Lin from Team Top Yo is a style god to me :laughing:

2 Likes

Tyler Vienneau’s speed and control in dense technical formations is unmatched, easily my favorite modern day player to watch.

My favs from back in the day are probably Jason Lee, Markmont, and Alex Lozyniak.

Always admired the simple yet creative styles of Guy Wright, Danny Severance, and Tressley Cahill. That style of play always looks approachable until you realize there’s 10 sneaky things going on that you completely missed.

12 Likes

Here are some of my favorite stylistic players:

In Hyeok Choi

Adrian Velez

Colin Beckford

Jonathan Sittangang
Jonathan Sittangang reel

7 Likes

Ahmad Karisma consistently blows my mind.

3 Likes

Ouff just started checking out some of these players and I feel a little sick by how amazing they are…stoked to see what In Hyeok Choi has after 2 years in the military…Thanks for all the responses! I got this thread bookmarked for when I feel like watching vids/need inspiration and I’ll get to everyones recs eventually.

3 Likes

He has actually been active since then. He was in Scales Open Volume 6 and Return Yoyo Cup and has a video out from a few months ago!

2 Likes

Illegal to not mention Shinji Saito’s 1a

4 Likes

Currently miura, his 1A trick sets are so refreshing to watch and can’t wait to see if he decided to compete two divisions in worlds osaka this year.

2 Likes

Made this account a while ago here, but thought I’d jump in for this. Tyler Severance’s tricks are some of my personal favorites, as well as John Ando’s. Ando’s body tricks especially. I saw Kharisma mentioned earlier, but he too is insane.
Tyler Severance
John Ando

3 Likes

I had to stop the John ando vid after like 40 seconds because he threw a breakaway way up and slung it back down with his face basically into a trapeze…phew…so ridiculous and goofy and fun I gotta go sling it now…definitely glad you came back for this convo lol

1 Like

Tyler Vienneau

6 Likes

Forgot to mention Tsukasa Namba, he’s probably the best slack player in the world rn:

3 Likes

All great mentions above.
Gotta add Paul Kerbel to the mix.

4 Likes

Marcus Koh’s Worlds 1st place Freestyle

Luis Enrique

Christopher CHIA, especially his 2013 Worlds Freestyle

Yuuki Spencer

John Ando was mentioned but his 2008 worlds freestyle kinda defines a whole era of players that got into the hobby at that time

5 Likes

Definitely Keiran Cooper.

5 Likes

Definitely Mr. Whip

2 Likes