Most Played Yo-Yos 2022

What’s yoyos do you find yourself playing the most this year?

Mine would have to be Inception, Elysium, BatTiSai, Orbital Gtx, Exia and Silenus

9 Likes

I think mine (so far in 2022) have to be the Edge 2022, Edge Beyond, AL6 Valhalla, Overdrive Draupnir, and the most played of them all; the CLYW Boy.

8 Likes

Great choices! I just made a trade for a edge beyond. Cant wait to try it out!

2 Likes

Deep State, Legendary Terrarian, Decade, Life, Weekender, Alliance

3 Likes

I haven’t tried any of these. Which is your favorite from the bunch?

1 Like

Of 2022, my Recess Little League!
Edit: Darn, I forgot about my Thorn!

6 Likes

Missed one in my original post, but out of the bunch its really hard to pick a favorite, all of these are among my fav yoyos and I play them all for different reasons. The Alliance was my fav yoyo for a long time, until the TiTross came out at least (havent had enough time with the TiTross to say I’ve played it more than the Alliance yet lol).

TBH I think it might be the Weekender out of the above for responsive, Alliance for the Unresponsive.

3 Likes

If I had to guess, I’d say my most thrown this year were my Pano/Dioramas, Free Solo, Chief, GTR-JS, IQ and Wish (in no particular order).

5 Likes

i havent had enough time with the Free Solo to have it dethrown any of the above yet, but its moving fast. Since I got it, its been thrown about 80% of my time to throw lol

4 Likes

The Free Solo is possibly my most thrown yoyo of all time, and if it’s not, it’s definitely in the Top 3. It’s FOR SURE my most thrown since getting back into things in 2020. It’s hard to say for sure though when taking into account what I was throwing pre 2014… had a MUCH smaller collection back then, but don’t know if I was throwing those yoyos more or less than what I’ve thrown since getting back into things… if that makes sense.

But yeah, Free Solo is also the yoyo that’s travelled with me the most too. I usually take about 6 yoyos whenever I travel, but the only one that’s consistently gone on every single trip with me is the Free Solo. That thing’s been to Vegas, NYC, all over the place.

I honestly do think it’s the best monometal you can buy today in terms of price to performance ratio. Is it the best yoyo I’ve ever tried? No, but it’s my “ol reliable,” it’s solid and dependable and just WORKS and does absolutely everything I want it to do.

8 Likes

Unparalleled Recognition/Duncan Haymaker X

3 Likes

This is a straight up math problem. It’s easily the Loop 720s because I play 2A every Tuesday and I only own one pair (well, trio) of loopers.

For non-looping, it’s probably the throws that are strategically placed around my house and work bags in case I don’t have a throw in my pocket; the Butterfly, the Windrunner, and the Snack. I just today decided that I would play more of my collection if I rotated throws through their various outposts.

7 Likes

Reflection, Monarch, Aventus, Calyx, alot of yyr

3 Likes

I really want to try the gtr js and iq

The free solo is the one similar to summit right?

1 Like

I really want to try haymaker x. What do you think about it?

Is the monarch something special in terms of hybrid yoyos? I love hybrids

2 Likes

Orange D-Bearing Freshly Dirty Mod44 w/ Coupe rims
Eternal Throw Curvy Donut Man (absolutely love this yoyo)
Y-Factor (forever favorite)
Yelets (forever favorite)
Freshly Dirty Mountain Man

As of last week - Freshly Dirty VHS

3 Likes

I’ve had a long while with it since the initial proto’s and I’d say its a great hybrid that is creating a modern mid-school hybrid. Think speeder, or yoyojam’s which also had alu rims instead of SS but with modern design/performance in mind. I’d love to see more companies push into the alu hybrid scene.

4 Likes

Its my favorite bi metal yoyo… big steel rims to give it tons of power but still well balanced.

Compared to the grasshopper gtx its really close, but the grasshopper has more of that thunk at the end of the string then the haymaker x.

3 Likes