Most painful YoYo accident

My finger got cutoff the string was to tight Jk getting hit in the eye was the wrost

I’ve had nothing major.

It’s the constant appearance of threads like these that always remind me to be safe.

Exactly. As Mad Eye Moody would say, “CONSTANT VIGILANCE!”

Onestar to the face after a knotted bind. So glad it wasn’t anything metal or heavier.

Because of that accident I adopted the habit of always throwing a clean frontstyle bind before every breakaway, and I haven’t had it happen since :slight_smile:

Classic video.

Safety throws for the win!!!

1 Like

When I had been yoyoing for a few months, I went to visit my friends in another city (I spent summers in Toronto, lived in Montreal). All excited to show off my new skills, I pulled my YYJ Speeder out of my pocket and threw a breakaway. Turns out the yoyo was knotted, got halfway down and snapped back, flew up, hit me in the nose. The impact was enough to both leave a long red scratch along my nose AND burst a blood vessel in my nose.

The result was tons of blood everywhere, and my friends not being very impressed with my skills :stuck_out_tongue:

I rung my bell pretty good one time when I took a Mega SpinFaktor to the face. It hit me right in the eye, and it was almost swollen completely shut within a few hours.

Just 5 minutes ago, I did a gravity pull, turns out the string had a knot, came back in a weird way then stopped halfways and hit me in the PP. Ugh.

I split my eyebrow open with a Wooly Markmont. Should have probably got stitches but I just put on a butterfly band-aid. Base knot 1, JetEyeNight 0.

A long time ago when I first learned guillotine, I had some problems with the yoyo being in control
I hit myself in the head with a metal yoyo after loosing control and landed on my foot (I was barefoot)

once I threw a sleeper and i gave it slack and it jumped back to my hand and I broke a nail

Am I a bad person if I didn’t cringe when the yoyo hit your head, but when it started hitting the floor?

Nope, dead serious. The rumor at school was that I had died!

That’s rough.