Most likes

comment a post/comment which you believe has the most likes

found one with 25

2 Likes

Fun fact: likes were much more uncommon back in the day before the redesign when these forums were more active. People only really gave likes to truly meaningful and valuable posts. Since the revival members now give likes much more frequently. A post that would receive 10 likes today would probably only receive 2 a few years ago.

I think that before, the post I had with the most likes was like 5 or 6, now I have numerous above 10

9 Likes

Yeah, I heart almost if not everything I see. My OCD makes me do it.

5 Likes

Give me hearts!!

6 Likes

More hearts = MORE AWESOME :heartpulse::heartpulse:

7 Likes

Make this the most liked post on discourse and I promise will give you this donut :doughnut:

6 Likes

Get out of here with that Facebook thirstyness. Lol

3 Likes

time to farm those useless internet points

(this is a reddit reference this forum really means a lot to me)

6 Likes

Yeah, the “thank you” feature was used much more selectively and truly highlighted valuable posts. A mailday post would never get a dozen thank yous.

3 Likes

If everyone believes - this can be the new most liked comment

7 Likes

This is actually a problem with Reddit. People don’t like getting their posts downvoted, and it kind of turns Reddit into a kind of circle jerk where dissenting opinions are heavily downvoted and/or eventually deleted. Ive hesitated quite a few times to make a non-troll post on Reddit that I knew would be downvoted, and this is a rather big flaw in the karma system imo. In some cases it can deter off-topic trolling, but in many others it hinders true discussion.

For example, I got about 50 or 60 downvotes on a post I made saying that I like how NJ has full service gas stations by law so that I can avoid smelling like gas. I deleted the post cause obviously my opinion “sucks” and I didn’t want to suffer more damage to my sweet karma. And god forbid if you have differing views on political or social issues. I always thought having a dislike button would be a good idea until I saw the negative consequences of it (im relatively new to Reddit).

/OT rant.

4 Likes

it really depends on the communities you post in.

2 Likes

To a point yea, but I dabble a lot in popular posts and large sub-reddits, and it is almost always a problem in those. Im talking more about Reddit as a whole than any specific microcosm that is too small to see any noticeable effects.

1 Like

It took me like a year to figure out the reddiquitte and some of the nuances of how that world turns. At first, I felt very much the same, Now, that massive majority of my posts go up, and the ones that go down make me laugh now a days. It used to bother me, but something happened, and it stopped bugging me, and I got better at pre-screening my pre-coffee posts. Usually that means deleting them shortly after. Heck, my first account got downvoted SO bad, i deleted it and started a new. I just didnt get it, and asking why it was happeneing was doom.

2 Likes

This is my struggle: I don’t care about likes or karma, but what happens is I end up not even thinking about liking or upvoting other people’s posts. Then others like or upvote my posts. Then I feel like a butt-head for not showing the same courtesy. Crap, now I care. I’m a nice guy but I know a guy at work who’s overly nice and it get annoying. I don’t really know where I’m going with this.

2 Likes

This is pretty much everything that I dislike about Reddit. Even if I’m not trying to be a troll, and try to share a personal Viewpoint or stance on something that is not compatible with a general consensus, it gets downvoted into Oblivion and [most of the time] there is no genuine discourse involved. It’s just people refusing to see eye-to-eye, screaming into echo chambers.

The Christian subs are by far some of the most toxic. I’m a follower of Christ myself, and even I get fed up with the pettiness and close-mindedness that comes with the territory.

I do believe that Reddit has some of the dankest memes on the internet, in his defense. And the hive mindedness can be really really freaking funny sometimes.

8 Likes

i have a post with 46 likes

4 Likes

My best post has 160 but I’m pretty sure there are far better posts than mine.

3 Likes

I was liked once. Once, makes me number 1? However, over time, my average is probably .001 likes per post. :roll_eyes: I think some people like to like. I’ve never seen the likes of it before.

3 Likes

Im not exactly new to the internet, and rarely ever make cringeworthy posts anymore (except when im drunk posting). But there is definitely something wrong with a formula that awards group-think and punishes even the most innocuous of dissent. I could easily post something that would get upvotes, but the current Reddit model only appeals to those who pander rather than speak their mind.

This encompasses my thoughts pretty much exactly. I love the platform in every way except for the downvoting, as it seems to promote hive-mind thinking rather than true discourse.

I avoid those because I am atheist, but I can imagine that they are just as bad as the subs that are feminist and political leaning (left or right, both toxic as hell to their counterpart with no want for true discourse).

Yea, I like Reddit a lot, but it would be a lot better if you couldn’t downvote a post past 0, and mods could always delete inappropriate comments. I still like it as a social media site over something like Twitter, because you can get into more in depth conversations rather than just making a short comment.

4 Likes